Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portsmouth's coast after the storms
Portsmouth's coast after the storms
After hibernating from the repeated wind and rainstorms we decided to go to the coast to have a looks while the weather didn't suck too bad.

I took a few pictures there before my camera ran out of batteries.. Twice.. I figured I would share them here. Sorry for my shoddy camera work.

To kick it off almost as soon as we got out the car we saw this guy riding along the coast getting drenched by huge waves. I have no idea how he stayed on that thing with the gusts as powerful as they were.

This is the same guy after the wave:

I had to edit that last one in a bit because of the guys grin. Guy knows he's crazy.

These are mostly just big waves hitting the sea defenses:

No idea how a tree ended up here..

Apparently the sea didn't like where these slabs were.

Had to spit the thread in two for the image limits so.....

Part two...

I just liked this one:

More waves crashing over the defenses:

Then my first set of batteries ran out..

Lucky I had some spares:

Turned out the 2nd set of batteries had already been used..

I managed to get one more picture out of the first set:

Link to the imgur album if you wanted it: http://imgur.com/a/C55vv

I immediately ordered a bunch of rechargeable batteries once I got back.. I missed some epicness on the walk back along, I also got completely soaked. Tongue
RE: Portsmouth's coast after the storms
Godidit, obviously.
Blame the gays.
(February 15, 2014 at 7:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Godidit, obviously.

Poseidon is a boss. How he got hold of that tree to use as a battering ram I don't know.

(February 16, 2014 at 11:40 am)Napoléon Wrote: Blame the gays.

They gave Poseiden the tree?
Great pics! My youngest brother lives in Portsmouth so all this is worrying me a bit. My other brother lives in Brighton, and that's been just as bad, really. I've been worrying about them both being somehow washed out to sea.

I don't think anywhere along the coast has anything on these waves at Sennen Cove, Cornwall.
[Image: enhanced-buzz-wide-31216-1391600433-7.jpg]
Just look at the size of that fucker! it's about 200ft high!

Dawlish also had it pretty bad.
[Image: Bf3qWoKCMAASjvz.jpg]
That used to be the main line into Cornwall.

They were repairing that, using a row of massive shipping containers full of rubble to keep the sea out, but the other night the waves were strong enough to actually breach those and done a fuckload more damage.

Is England gonna be like this forever now? This has been going on since before Christmas. All those poor fuckers in the West Country are so fucked. Sad
(February 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Great pics! My youngest brother lives in Portsmouth so all this is worrying me a bit. My other brother lives in Brighton, and that's been just as bad, really. I've been worrying about them both being somehow washed out to sea.

Portsmouth can take a lot more than its had. The coastline is pretty well protected. Other than a few broken slabs and junk dragged up from the sea there really wasn't much damage. I imagine Brighton is much the same. I'm guessing it just loses most of its power by the time it makes it through the west.

(February 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Is England gonna be like this forever now? This has been going on since before Christmas. All those poor fuckers in the West Country are so fucked. Sad

I thought that with the snow we had the 4 years up to this one but we haven't seen it this year. Seems like were stuck with bizarre weather though.

Whats been bothering me recently is I've barely been able to work. Its always raining too much during the week. I'm down to a handful of coins at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Maher Goes After Apple...and Corporate Crooks... Minimalist 10 1786 September 24, 2016 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  The Pope - After a Week In 'Murrica Minimalist 127 24633 September 25, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Atheist chant After Islamist crash atheist convention cooldude8870 6 2278 April 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Glenn Beck facing sack after losing over a million viewers downbeatplumb 12 5053 March 9, 2011 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Ubermensch