Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys!
Hi guys!
I just want to introduce myself, my name... at least my username is rensou. Anyway I'm sort of a closet atheist, the only ones that do know I am, are three of my friends. Two of them are atheists themselves we pretty much deconverted at the same time. I actually live in the Philippines which is a predominantly catholic country, so atheists here are frowned upon and as my mom would call them demons. My mom almost found out I sort of made a lame excuse that somehow worked. Kind of sad after that event since she couldn't accept me if she found out I was an atheist.

Hahaha, sorry for the wall of text. I just want to let it out somehow and talk to someone about it, well that is one of the main reasons I joined. I find it stressful to keep it to myself and the lying that comes with it.

Good day.
RE: Hi guys!
Welcome rensou, how old are you? Do you still live with your mother? If so, have you thought about moving out?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome!
Thank you guys for the welcome.

@Bad Wolf. In our culture we seldom move out from our parents houses, usually the only time is when people get married. I'm actually 25 as old as I am, embarssingly enough I am currently unemployed due to my agoraphobia and emetophobia (Please don't judge, some people think that I'm just being weak). Well I'm getting help to overcome them but the process is long. Thank you for your concern.
Hey, no worries. Agoraphobia and emetophobia are valid phobias and you have probably been told this by everyone but its not your fault. You really do have it bad then, your mum thinks you are a demon on top of your phobias, that must be very stressful
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Well... to be fair: its fear could well be its own fault.

Like mine, for instance. I am dreadfully frightened of kitchen sinks (don't laugh). This is quite clearly my fault, but damn if I can do anything about it.

Ihateyoustupidkitchensink. Welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome to the forum, rensou. Hopefully, you'll have discussions here which will relive some of that stress.

No one should judge you for your phobias, mate. I have an absolutely irrational, paralyzing fear of horses.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
You're not the only one with problems here, don't worry you shouldn't face much, if any, judgement regarding such :3

Welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1574 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hi guys docreek 23 4115 December 13, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hi guys Gestas 17 2479 January 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey guys cactus 14 1946 September 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5122 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey guys and girls. AdamJa 27 2936 July 9, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hi guys StopS 19 2400 November 10, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I fooled all of you guys. bambi_swag 59 6864 October 9, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Hey Guys. ironicprogrammer 20 2692 September 18, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: MTL
Rainbow Hey Guys....Recently de-converted Newbie here.... Afro-Queen 29 4086 November 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72