Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:44 am

Poll: What Would You Do?
This poll is closed.
Rape the Girl
90.00%
9 90.00%
Let the Person You Love be Tortured
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Moral Dilemma
Moral Dilemma
Ok, so here is the dilemma, it is not my own I found it on NationStates.

A rich psycho has you kidnapped along with the person you love & a 14yo girl. He puts you in a chamber with the 14yo. He wants you to impregnate the girl. The problem is that the girl is saving herself til marriage, and you will have to rape her. Should you refuse the person you love most will be tortured until you knock up the girl.

If you are female than it is a 14yo boy, & assume he is weak enough to be overpowered.

What say you AF?
RE: Moral Dilemma
This isn't a moral dilemma; it's the opening scene of the next Eli Roth movie.
The person I love most in the world would endure fiendish torture to prevent my becoming a party to rape.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Please vote in the poll!
This is not a dilemma.
(February 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: This is not a dilemma.
Yes it is, you have two morally reprehensible choices. Unless you mean to suggest that the answer is easy.
I assume you're not given time to convince the girl to consent? Though even then, it would still be statutory rape. It seems like a weird question. If he's crazy enough to do this, he's crazy enough to rape her himself.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 17, 2014 at 8:09 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I assume you're not given time to convince the girl to consent? Though even then, it would still be statutory rape. It seems like a weird question. If he's crazy enough to do this, he's crazy enough to rape her himself.
No he wants the child. And he wants you to be the father.

Also the girl is dead set on saving herself, you cannot convince her to give in.

Also this guy is super rich, he will cover up any evidence so that you & your loved one get away free. It is a moral not a legal dilemma.
(February 17, 2014 at 7:44 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Ok, so here is the dilemma, it is not my own I found it on NationStates.

A rich psycho has you kidnapped along with the person you love & a 14yo girl. He puts you in a chamber with the 14yo. He wants you to impregnate the girl. The problem is that the girl is saving herself til marriage, and you will have to rape her. Should you refuse the person you love most will be tortured until you knock up the girl.

If you are female than it is a 14yo boy, & assume he is weak enough to be overpowered.

What say you AF?

The girl's trauma may be temporary. She may adapt to it, and may realize some day that it was necessary. My loved one's death will not be temporary, and my loved one will not have any chance to adapt to it. I'd therefore do oit.

Now, if you turn it around and make it a 14 year-old loved one (a daughter or niece or something), and a stranger being saved, things would appear very different to me.
(February 17, 2014 at 9:01 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(February 17, 2014 at 7:44 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Ok, so here is the dilemma, it is not my own I found it on NationStates.

What say you AF?

The girl's trauma may be temporary. She may adapt to it, and may realize some day that it was necessary. My loved one's death will not be temporary, and my loved one will not have any chance to adapt to it. I'd therefore do oit.

Now, if you turn it around and make it a 14 year-old loved one (a daughter or niece or something), and a stranger being saved, things would appear very different to me.
I agree with you here, although your loved one won't be killed, just tortured. I would do anything to save someone I love. A 14yo prude is worth nothing to me compared to someone I love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximizing Moral Virtue h311inac311 191 12771 December 17, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  As a nonreligious person, where do you get your moral guidance? Gentle_Idiot 79 6400 November 26, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moral justification for the execution of criminals of war? Macoleco 184 6571 August 19, 2022 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3087 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can we trust our Moral Intuitions? vulcanlogician 72 3592 November 7, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Any Moral Relativists in the House? vulcanlogician 72 4575 June 21, 2021 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  [Serious] Moral Obligations toward Possible Worlds Neo-Scholastic 93 5291 May 23, 2021 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Moral Reality Acrobat 29 3182 September 12, 2019 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  In Defense of a Non-Natural Moral Order Acrobat 84 6899 August 30, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Moral Oughts Acrobat 109 7515 August 30, 2019 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Acrobat