Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prophesy
Prophesy
Christians are real big on prophesy. How many times do they tell us that events in the NT fulfilled the prophesies of the OT?

Must be God right? Well maybe not:

I thought it might be fun to gather together some of the non-Christian prophesies that can either be from other religions, mystics or even history itself.

I'll kick things off with the following from history:

The term World War was coined prior to the first world war in 1904.
The term World War 1 was used as early as 1918 and was actually published as "The First World War: A Photographic History" in 1933.
The term The Second World War is first found in print in 1919.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war

Now who's claiming these are prophesies from God?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
RE: Prophesy
Hell, you don't need prophecies to be from God. Here are my own prophecies for the rest of this year. I fully expect a 90% accuracy rate:

-There will be a significant political scandal in Italy.

-Violence will flare up in the Middle East. Palestinians as well as Israelis will be involved.

-Large areas of the world will experience cold weather.

-An airliner will crash, resulting in loss of life.

-At least 10 well-known people in the entertainment industry will die.

-Someone you personally known will get married or divorced or have a baby.

-Shoes will continue to be worn.

-There will not be a breakthrough in the construction of time machines.

-Miley Cyrus will attempt to be outrageous. People will decide they don't really care anymore.

-Earthquakes, floods, storms and wildfires will kill in excess of 10 000 people.

I confidently stand behind these prophecies. Do not mock my power.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Prophesy
Worship (large)

Impressed the fuck out of me.

But I was rather looking for historical or other references to prophesies as opposed to gaining new ones we would have to wait to see the outcome of.

Not that I am not entirely convinced by your powers.....heaven forbid.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rabbi Ben Judah prophesy / Jubilees/ Kondratief wave professor 4 1203 April 18, 2014 at 9:51 am
Last Post: JesusHChrist