Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:28 am

Poll: On average, would you consider yourself Happy?
This poll is closed.
Yes
58.54%
24 58.54%
No
17.07%
7 17.07%
It's complicated.
24.39%
10 24.39%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Happy?
Are You Happy?
Maybe not all the time, but using a normal day to day average; are you happy?
If not, was there a time in your life when you were?
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Are You Happy?
No, I am depressed. I was happy when I was with the only girl (or person for that matter) I have ever loved. Since she decided she didn't like me anymore I have been miserable.
Absolutely!
I've never been happy. I probably never will be. Stupid brain. I'm content with "not quite depressed enough to need to see a doctor" for now, because that's pretty good for me.
I'm content, and as happy as I've been for as long as I can remember. Part of that is a result of living on borrowed time - makes it hard to a worry about much when you ought to be dead.
I'm depressed, but I like being depressed so......make sense of that.
(February 20, 2014 at 10:10 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: I'm depressed, but I like being depressed so......make sense of that.

hmmm, now there's a debatable premise. If you like being depressed are you truly actually depressed? And if you truly like being depressed, couldn't you very well be considered happy?
[Image: Evolution.png]

Not really. Kind of uncomfortable in my own skin. Very hard to figure out how to fit in, and how to be my own person, comfortable with my family.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Fuck yeah I'm happy. I'm a middle class person living in the 21st century in a 1st world country.

Mother fucking score!!!

Cushy, easy job with good pay, 401k, great health insurance. Modern medical services minutes away, freezer full of beef, internet, cable, AC, nice car, hot wife, healthy kids.

The sheer never ending access to knowledge and entertainment alone is astounding.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I'm pretty happy. I'm starting my Physics/Chemistry/Maths BSc degree on Monday. And I also have the ability to make myself laugh.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2914 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath