Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Introductions Thread
Re-Introductions Thread
I came up with this idea a few weeks ago but wanted to save it till today seems its my accounts 2nd birthday. The plan is that people can re-introduce themselves seems a lot can change in the years people are on here. Plus it gives newer members a chance to know about members who joined a long time ago without having to go tracking down their intro thread.

So starting with me:

If this thread does well I might remake them every 6 months to a year. Could be interesting Smile
RE: Re-Introductions Thread
Congratulations, glad you're still here, Insanity!
*looks for a derail opportunity* Big Grin

But seriously Smile

That's my experience of religious people too. Especially the younger ones I think. They think they're special yet have zero actual understanding behind their claim to elite status. Indeed quite the opposite.

Nice to learn about you again insanity.
I haven't changed!
(February 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Congratulations, glad you're still here, Insanity!

Thanks man. This place is too much fun to leave Smile

(February 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: *looks for a derail opportunity* Big Grin

So long as its an interesting derailing I'm game.

(February 21, 2014 at 12:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I haven't changed!

The active members have Smile
My name's Napoleon, I used to believe in ancient aliens (a few people might remember that), but now I'm happy to say I'm not so much of a retard.

I'm still a fair bit of a retard though.

Hello AF!
(February 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Napoléon Wrote: My name's Napoleon, I used to believe in ancient aliens (a few people might remember that), but now I'm happy to say I'm not so much of a retard.

Wait... you still DO believe in me, right? Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
[Image: spartacus.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Interesting idea for a thread!

OK....Hi, folks. I came over from atheistforums.com, where I had the same moniker . TBH, some of the social interaction over there frustrates me, and this site is somewhere I don't feel a need to try too hard to fit in (though at times I do; it's a habit of mine in all spheres of my life).

I'm a 38 year old male from San Diego. I have spina bifida (T-2 incomplete myelomeningocele for those who are part of the SB world). I was first raised in a YMCA church (not even sure which denomination that would be. I was a little kid. My babysitters took me). Around age 10, I joined my local Unitarian Universalist church, but around age 23, I fell out with that religion.

I'm a political Independent. I'm pro-gay marriage, pro-death penalty, pro-gun, against affirmative action inmost cases, and slowly starting to understand global warming.

and enjoy watching college sports, especially soccer (and pro soccer as well, including MLS, NWSL, and fleetingly some other leagues). I also enjoy motorsports. In particular rallying and sports car racing, both current and historic. Favorite car marques are Volvo, Subaru, Volkswagen, and Chevrolet (love the 5th-gen Camaro).

Not sure what else to say, but hello! Again!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hi, I'm fr0d0. I live in mid Wales UK. I'm 53 and married, although separated, with two kids aged 11 and 13. I love my kids dearly and crack up if I don't see them in the week and every weekend. My wife and I are on good terms and are working it out.

My parents, the only direct family I've really known, and my maternal grandmother I guess, are/ were all atheist. My mum the only vocal atheist. My dad just generally mocked Smile

At age 25 I became a Christian after extended conversations with a work colleague, which lead to other exploration. The year Nelsen Mandela was released I became an atheist. Lots of negativity had grown into me against my church of origin and some of the people there. I was happy at my new church but felt I needed more personal thinking space. The conversion, just like the conversion the other way, was a light switch affair. Upshot was, I became a very militant atheist. I had anger problems where I'd imagine stabbing people from my original denomination.

All this time I had Christian friends. My wife is a religious, obedient type. She pretty much bore the brunt of it. I got to a point, must be 6 to 8 years ago now, where my head was back rationalising God. That was directly as a result of discussing it at length on a tech forum, where I was confronted with full blown atheism as we know it here. So I became a Christian again. I joined Richard Dawkins forum, which was a baptism of fire, and moved here when that collapsed.

I've got some great friends here, and lots of people that I admire and cherish, from all angles on belief.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4122 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Pro tips for greeting the Juicy Ones on the Introductions Thread Whateverist 8 1479 February 21, 2015 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus