Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah the movie
Noah the movie
To some people this will look like a documentary.
Idiots that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSaJE2rqxU

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Noah the movie
Meh, I'll wait for the sequel.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Russel Crow as Noah?

You have got to be joking!

I always pictured Noah as a Mel Blanc lookalike with a beard but cross-eyed as he was in Blazing Saddles.

OK - 4 horses, 4 elehpants, 4 giraffes - I don't know how we are going to fit them all in.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
It's directed by Darren Arnofsky, which means it will probably piss off the bible nuts.

Here's hoping...
*crosses fingers*
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 21, 2014 at 1:29 pm)Faith No More Wrote: It's directed by Darren Arnofsky, which means it will probably piss off the bible nuts.

Here's hoping...
*crosses fingers*

http://io9.com/darren-aronofskys-cut-of-...1527269782 Wrote:For the past few months, we've been unsure which version of Darren Aronofsky's Noah would be hitting theaters — there were tons of reports that Christian audiences reacted badly in screenings. Paramount had reportedly cut as many as six different versions of the film. But now, it appears Aronofsky has won.

Might actually be worth watching then.
If they make part 2 of that movie, they should call it : Noah's arc 2 : xxx Incest . ROFLOL
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(February 21, 2014 at 1:29 pm)Faith No More Wrote: It's directed by Darren Arnofsky, which means it will probably piss off the bible nuts.

Here's hoping...
*crosses fingers*

I love his movies, but the last time he was given this huge a budget, it left a lot to be desired. So, I'm very cautious at this point. Then again, I didn't trust Gravity would be a good movie until I saw the RT scores.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The only reason to watch this film is because Emma Watson is in it.
Quote:But then Christian audiences had concerns about the film, ranging from the fact that Noah is too conflicted, to other visceral concerns.

Maybe they should do a cartoon version for the idiots?
I can imagine it being very difficult to make something like this believable, because you'd have to put "god did it" pretty much every step of the way. I suppose many might not see it as a problem, but if the guy has to take such an effort to keep it from immediately falling apart, you'd think he'd consider something much more simple. Not that I approve of the idea of a guy killing practically everything in the world because they aren't worshiping him enough, but that's another topic altogether.

How are all the animals supposed to get there and back while leaving no signs of mass (sometimes overseas) migrations? How will they all fit? What will they eat? How could they build a boat that big? How wiould they keep it from breaking apart? How will they keep from suffocating or freezing to death at high altitude? What will they eat when the waters recede? What keeps defects from happening due to everything being quickly very inbred? Are there any other problems with this story that I missed?

Hopefully the movie will take great strides in explaining such things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1947 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3295 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 756 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1287 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 343 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 216 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 5998 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15500 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is your favorite Disney movie? ƵenKlassen 37 4652 December 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4233 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII