Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Documentary
New Documentary
Hi everyone!
My name is Matt Pierce and I am from Winnipeg, MB, Canada. In today's society everything seems to be shared and spread on the Internet and through all kinds of media. Through my love of filming I had decided to create a documentary called, "<snip!>". <snip!> is a film about both Christian and Atheist perspectives on some of life's biggest questions such as "Who are we as humans?”, "Why are we here?", "What happens when we die?", "How should we live?", and “From where do we get meaning and purpose in life?” The film will also explore what both Christianity and Atheism truly believe and whether they can provide sound reasoning for their assertions. I don’t believe that Christianity and Atheism have been represented fairly in a film where recognized experts from both sides have been interviewed. By interviewing prominent speakers from each worldview, this film hopes to correct the common misrepresentations of each side.

Every single person has a worldview and how they form that worldview determines how they live their lives and how they answer each of these questions. It's the biggest part of our lives! It's only when these questions are all looked at together and really scrutinized that someone can tell if they have a coherent worldview or not. A person's worldview should be based on the truth, not on emotions, skepticism, or wishful thinking. Finding truth is extremely important and vital to living life. This documentary will be a hunt for that truth to see if it lies in either of these dominant worldviews.

I am about halfway finished as I have interviewed eleven people so far including Daniel Dennett and Paul Tripp. I am currently running an indiegogo campaign to raise the funds to finish it off. I would be truly honored and grateful if you were able to let me know what you think and to even share it with friends if you like the idea!

Here are a few links to my indiegogo campaign, website and trailer:
[Snip!]

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing back from you all!
RE: New Documentary
Is it really so hard to read through the rules before posting?!

The Rules Wrote:No Advertising
Any advertisements in posts will be removed immediately. If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting. If you want to post your website, please adhere to the 30 days and 30 posts rule. This amount of time and number of posts shows that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. If the rule is not adhered to, the advertisement will be removed and you may be warned or banned.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here seen the documentary Jesus Camp? NuclearEnergy 27 3604 April 9, 2017 at 7:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  'Coming out' Atheism documentary is looking for interviewee's GrayTitan 0 956 September 10, 2014 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: GrayTitan
  The God Delusion Documentary CindysRain 29 4864 July 24, 2014 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  Anchor: Offical Trailer (new documentary exploring atheism/Christianity) Mudhammam 3 1342 February 25, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Video Richard Dawkins - The Enemies Of Reason (Documentary) Woody68 0 1565 May 12, 2013 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Woody68
  Christopher Hitchens - TEXAS: America Supersized (Documentary) Woody68 2 1974 April 15, 2013 at 10:55 am
Last Post: justin
  Documentary coming up, is it any good? leo-rcc 4 2228 June 18, 2009 at 6:29 am
Last Post: leo-rcc