Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god get out of the clothing business?
Did he realize "fur is murder" TM?

Genesis 3:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Why did god just HAPPEN to use the crude method of keeping humans warm by skinning fur bearing animals instead of, say, North Face Gore-tex parkas?

Since any kind of clothing was unknown to them, what motive was there for god to mimic the primitive evolutionary clothing methods?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why did god get out of the clothing business?
God had a great thing going. His brands were selling well. In fact, he had a corner on the market. Then came the mixed fabrics.
I'm not even sure why he felt the need to kill something to make the clothes. He turned dirt/clay into flesh and bone. There was no reason to kill animals, except that he felt like it. It sounds like the phrase "Why did you make me hit you?" "Why did you make me kill those animals?". Not that there isn't plenty of weird stuff in genesis.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Does god own the clothing store Lord and Taylor?
(February 24, 2014 at 11:06 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I'm not even sure why he felt the need to kill something to make the clothes. He turned dirt/clay into flesh and bone. There was no reason to kill animals, except that he felt like it.

He could have just given us our old fur back...well.. without the fleas and lice.
Why didn't he make clothes for everybody? Weren't they perfect so they would never wear out?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3130 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12914 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 18226 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5790 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1331 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8454 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 8994 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29752 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 65185 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8487 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist