Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone seen this movie "Red State" yet? (Yuck.)
Anyone seen this movie "Red State" yet? (Yuck.)
I don't think this is anything I need to see. Am I missing out?

http://youtu.be/uJ1v6oFHefc
RE: Anyone seen this movie "Red State" yet? (Yuck.)
If you're desperately looking for something mediocre, watch it.

ETA: Kevin Smith definitely has his hits and misses.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm not really into Kevin Smith films but I thought it was pretty good. I didn't know what to expect from it so I was pleasantly surprised.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
I haven't seen it, but I already see one mistake...

Should have called Janet Reno instead of John Goodman.
(February 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm)Cato Wrote: I haven't seen it, but I already see one mistake...

In my humble opinion, John Goodman MADE this movie for me. Pushed it over from "this movie is okay" territory to "okay, this movie was pretty bad ass."
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(February 25, 2014 at 4:31 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: In my humble opinion, John Goodman MADE this movie for me. Pushed it over from "this movie is okay" territory to "okay, this movie was pretty bad ass."

I like John Goodman, so I won't argue. I just couldn't help thinking of Waco starting with the preview scenes when law enforcement showed up.
(February 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm)Cato Wrote: I haven't seen it, but I already see one mistake...

I think john play Janet on snl in the 90's.. So samething.

It was west borrow baptist meets Waco/David kressh. I liked it.
I haven't seen it, but at least the christians are the ones portrayed as the lunatics. Not the teens that just want to do what they're biologically geared towards.

If you have to think about protecting kids from what you're about to do, it should be a clue that you're doing something wrong.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rcent Christian Movie Ratings TheJefe817 9 815 April 23, 2023 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1638 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3166 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Yet another child molesting priest zebo-the-fat 18 2184 April 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2230 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another retarded religious movie. Foxaèr 7 1104 June 16, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1492 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Yet they call US "angry atheists" The Valkyrie 36 4398 June 3, 2016 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Have you seen the London Bridge? Foxaèr 24 2702 October 24, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Do You Believe (the movie) watchamadoodle 13 2624 April 12, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle