Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Devil aka. Satan
Lightbulb 
The Devil aka. Satan
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRlUWVXjn1wFykOh10iL9...MFWPH41UkI]

The Devil aka. Satan

When God created man in his image he ordered all the angels to worship his image in this man, and Satan refused he said "Look they're mud people we're made of fire, I'm not going to do it" and so he get kicked-out.

According to the book of Genesis God place tow trees in a garden the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge and forbade Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, then Satan convinced Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge and she convince Adam.... blah!blah!blah! So they broke the law of god! And thus man obtained the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.

The question here is how did Satan have got into heaven (Eden) when he was kicked-out of it earlier, and reached Eve and deceived her? Is god so weak he couldn't prevent Satan his angel from infiltrating his own heaven? Or this is how religion created the character of the Devil.
Most religions believes that Satan urges man to do bad deeds, and so Islam says that (literally) an angel sits on man shoulders and write what that man do (Good/Evil) then balance his deeds in “Judgment Day“ and God decide if he goes to Heaven or Hell.

In conclusion (RELIGION IS FULL OF SHITT) it’s creates God and Devil just to control believers and drive them to their interest yet we all agree that man have FREE WILL and he can decide to do bad or good things not to blame someone else, Muhammad praised Arab gods beside Allah in a verse of the quran, later he took back his words blaming Satan for making him changes the word of God.
I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.

I want to soar higher than any man has ever soared! I want to look down on the clouds with contempt! I want to sneer at God's creation, and spit on his ... (Homer Simpson)
RE: The Devil aka. Satan
First of all, the snake wasn't originally Satan in disguise. Otherwise why would Yahweh punish snakes? Second, Eden wasn't in heaven. It was on earth, and Satan and his demons were sent down to earth before going to hell in the end times.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 25, 2014 at 4:20 pm)Chad32 Wrote: First of all, the snake wasn't originally Satan in disguise. Otherwise why would Yahweh punish snakes? Second, Eden wasn't in heaven. It was on earth, and Satan and his demons were sent down to earth before going to hell in the end times.

Well if the snake who deceived Eve isn't Satan (who is it then?) did your god created more evil angels or his angels turned against him?

the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is located in the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve were at the time! (According to Genesis).

Shehaqim is The third Heaven (According to the Talmud) serves as the home of the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life.

The serpent in Psalm 91:13 is identified as Satan by Christians.
Satan is called a serpent, not once but three times in the book of Revelation (Revelation 12:9, 12:15, 20:2)

1)- So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9 NKJV).

2)- The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Revelation 20:10 NKJV)

3)- Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the East, and there he put the man he had formed. He made all kinds of beautiful trees grow there and produce good fruit. In the middle of the garden stood the tree that gives life and the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad. (Genesis 2:8-9 NKJV) Worship
I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.

I want to soar higher than any man has ever soared! I want to look down on the clouds with contempt! I want to sneer at God's creation, and spit on his ... (Homer Simpson)
(February 25, 2014 at 5:12 pm)God Is Not Gr8 Wrote: Well if the snake who deceived Eve isn't Satan (who is it then?) did your god created more evil angels or his angels turned against him?
It seems to me that the original writer probably intended for it to be a snake, and nothing more. It's not the only talking animal in the Bible, after all. Genesis 3:1 says that "the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field that God had made." And god curses the serpent to a life spent slithering along the ground and "eating dust," which is probably what ancient man assumed snakes ate, having seen them constantly flicking their tongues in and out while moving across the ground.

Christians need for the book to read in a somewhat more sophisticated manner, so the story suddenly becomes 90% metaphor/allegory and nothing is as it seems. But it sure doesn't read as if it's anything other than a talking snake.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
He was just a talking snake. They put it in there to explain why we fear snakes, since back then they didn't know about poisonous animals. They called it "fire", and though snakes had hypnotic powers because they'd watch a snake eat something that wasn't moving out of the way. Because it was already dead from poison.

Ok, well I've never heard of it being in heaven.

Christians can say a lot of things. The torah/old testament was made a thousand years prior, worshiping a deity that was not all powerful, knowing, or present, and the closest thing to Satan was ha satan, a title for an angel working for the lord. Jews are welcome to correct me if they like.

Christians love to incorporate other religious beliefs into their religion to help converts.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...

Ha satan means,"The adversary" as in a legal situation where the prosecutor is called that.
Eden was here on earth.
God did not create the devil. Lucifer became the devil by his own choice.
The adversary became man's test and will continue to be until he is stuffed in the lake of fire.
Unlike God, the devil is not all omniscient, omnipresent or all powerful.
I am part Jew so the above is my correction.

Here is the shadow and type of Christ found in Genesis:

Eve,. who was taken out of Adam's side, was fooled by the snake and Adam, because of his devotion to his wife was not willing to have a spiritual distance between her and himself also partook of the forbidden fruit. He did it knowingly.

The wife of God (mankind) has been fooled by the snake (Satan) over and over.
Thus, the Second Adam (Jesus) was made to be sin on the cross- joining Himself to us, and the blood out of His side cleanses us who believe and we become His "Bride".
By Jews, I kind of meant people who follow the torah. Not jews who were apparently converted to christianity. Religious jews, not cultural jews.

Well, to play devil's advocate, it's not entirely clear is the serpent in the garden is actually Satan.
Precious little is clear in the fucking bible.
I have elevator socks I wanna sell to people that believe that a talking snake.. talking donkey.. dead people walking around.. a jew that rose from the dead.. oh by the way why didnt the gospel of Thomas make the cut... why because at the tomb its described as a big floating cross coming out and flying off to heaven.. WTF!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2592 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God vs Satan - Bible UniverseCaptain 5 1201 October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: no one
  Satan and Making Mock zwanzig 24 2252 May 21, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A Deal With the Devil rexbeccarox 11 1553 April 13, 2017 at 5:29 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5021 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3630 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  That Devil-Spawned Edumacation will Minimalist 11 2706 September 10, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What if Satan won? ForsakenHeretic 67 17345 September 2, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
Wink Play the Devil's Advocate Brometheus 22 2948 March 30, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Challenge to christians: Satan wrote the bible robvalue 120 23063 February 15, 2015 at 5:13 am
Last Post: emilynghiem