Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear.
Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear.
Type the following words, say them aloud to yourself. You don't have to mean them. And of course, you can ask your God for forgiveness if you feel dirty afterwards. But prove that you're not actually buying into the crap you believe in based on fear by uttering the simple phrases, knowing "in your heart" what you actually think. Look, I'll try it from my end.

I love the Lord with all my heart and mind. God is great.

I don't mean any of that but it was fairly easy for me to type, knowing how meaningless the words actually are. Now you try:

Jesus is a retarded piece of shit. Yahweh is the dumbest god of them all.

Can you type that? If not, is it because you're afraid?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Christians, prove your minds aren't molested by fear.
Are you talking about yourself here?
(February 26, 2014 at 8:08 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Are you talking about yourself here?

ROFLOL

Scared?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
It's pretty funny how all fr0d0 had to do to render your point invalid was copy and paste that one line. Yet, peculiarly, he chooses not to.
(February 26, 2014 at 8:20 pm)Napoléon Wrote: It's pretty funny how all fr0d0 had to do to render your point invalid was copy and paste that one line. Yet, peculiarly, he chooses not to.

Even more funny, he was browsing the forum until about 5 minutes ago. LOL.

He's probably consulting Jesus to get his perfect opinion.
I would never have done that when I was a believer. Partly out of a sense of deep respect and adoration for god and Jesus, but yeah... also fear. That would have been like asking the 8-year-old me to say something insulting about my mom. Even if I wanted to, I knew I'd be flayed alive if she happened to hear. And let me tell you, SHE WAS OMNIPRESENT where that kind of shit was concerned.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 26, 2014 at 8:22 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: He's probably consulting Jesus to get his perfect opinion.

Might be a while 'til we hear the outcome of that discussion.
(February 26, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Tonus Wrote: I would never have done that when I was a believer. Partly out of a sense of deep respect and adoration for god and Jesus, but yeah... also fear. That would have been like asking the 8-year-old me to say something insulting about my mom. Even if I wanted to, I knew I'd be flayed alive if she happened to hear. And let me tell you, SHE WAS OMNIPRESENT where that kind of shit was concerned.

Exactly. When I was a Christian even the thought of uttering a blasphemy, no matter how insincere, would have made me feel uneasy. But OF COURSE the reason is fear. That's why I offered the challenge, to see which believers here can actually prove their continual insistence that it has nothing to do with fear when it is so obvious to those of us who have made the journey from faith to reason.
The words are just disgusting. The ruse is a fallacial party of zero worth. My mind is purely set at disgust at you rather than any fear towards any deity. Me insulting you would be more hurtful to God. If you had an inclining of understanding of the subject you might realise this.

I've committed the unpardonable sin before. Your infantile posturing is nothing.
Sooooo, you're not gonna copy and paste it? Lol, I wasn't expecting this much success from the OP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12414 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1900 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 8578 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7588 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11596 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 17936 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22776 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5512 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27512 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 18650 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer