Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One final attempt to try and get through to you guys
One final attempt to try and get through to you guys
When I was only a baby, my brother was dying. He had a devastating liver disease. One night the doctors even called my parents in to see him for the last time, they were sure he'd die. Yet here is now, perfectly healthy and married with two kids. The doctors, even a muslim one said that something supernatural must have occured, that my parents were clearly on to something. How could I doubt after something like this?
RE: One final attempt to try and get through to you guys
Fuck off. Aren't you late for school? Which for you is probably a trek to the kitchen table.
Based on everything you've posted here I don't think "doubt" is in your arsenal. Why would you expect a group of strangers to take your word for a story concerning an alleged incident that happened while you were a baby and told to you by your professional snake oil salesman father and your saw-an-angel-but-temporarily-forgot-it mother? You have no credibility.
(February 28, 2014 at 8:33 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: When I was only a baby, my brother was dying. He had a devastating liver disease. One night the doctors even called my parents in to see him for the last time, they were sure he'd die. Yet here is now, perfectly healthy and married with two kids. The doctors, even a muslim one said that something supernatural must have occured, that my parents were clearly on to something. How could I doubt after something like this?

Your brother was given an incorrect prognosis! IT'S A MIRACLE
Anecdotal evidence carries no weight here child.

You must do much better than that.

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THIS HAPPENED.
Listen kid, do you not understand how to learn at all?

I mean, it's clear that what you're trying right now isn't working, and a little look around should show you what it is that we respect in an argument: evidence, reasoned analysis, and a willingness to modulate one's position to fit what changes. Why not try using some of those, or even just stop misrepresenting our position every second post?

The sad thing is that I've offered to educate you if you'd bother asking questions honestly, without an ideological bent, and you just seem to have no interest in discourse.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 28, 2014 at 8:42 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THIS HAPPENED.

Really?

Then produce names, dates, the hospital where it happened.

Sworn affidavits from the attending physicians.

Medical records, blah,blah,blah....

In other words, evidence for your assertions.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Okay I have a question. Without a spiritual explination, how is it possible for everything to have begun? Doesn't science teach everything needs a cause? Like the Big Bang, how was something around forever? What was before then? I'm not saying this is proof of God, but it seems scientifically impossible that there's a natural explanation to it.

(February 28, 2014 at 8:45 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(February 28, 2014 at 8:42 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: I SWEAR ON MY LIFE THIS HAPPENED.

Really?

Then produce names, dates, the hospital where it happened.

Sworn affidavits from the attending physicians.

Medical records, blah,blah,blah....

In other words, evidence for your assertions.

I can't give out personal information. But please, I'm not lying, why would I lie about something like this? It would be horrible! I'm saying everything I've been told.
I don't know what was before then. And neither do you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2623 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 29775 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What topics surrounding religion get you riled up? Figbash 19 1960 September 4, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3104 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Have You Guys... Icy 26 3739 July 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10673 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  These guys make me sick Manowar 23 7836 July 8, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE? arda101 208 53618 March 6, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4623 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Can I just say why I love you guys? Won2blv 13 2413 December 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K