Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Coming?
Second Coming?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26388426

It seems people pronounced dead survive even today in modern America.

Makes the supposed resurrection myth seem less of a miracle more a case of medical incompetence.

Quote:A Mississippi man has been found literally alive and kicking in a body bag at a funeral home after being declared dead.

Workers at Porter and Sons Funeral Home were preparing to embalm Walter Williams on Thursday when he moved.

A coroner pronounced the 78-year-old dead after finding no pulse when he was called to Mr Williams' home in the city of Lexington on the previous evening.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Second Coming?
Quote:It is thought that his pacemaker may have temporarily stopped working.

It's a FUCKING MIRACLE!!!!!

I imagine any moment now some baptist shitwit will claim he laid hands on him and he sat up and started reciting the fucking bible.
No offense downbeatplumb.. I searched that incident. . U gotta add the whole story. .. and that guy should be fired for a big mistake. ..
Most be a miracle and not a misdiagnoses.
I want air con in my coffin in case the flames get too hot!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Someone should have YouTubed the shit out of the poor guys who first saw him wriggling.

Fucking hell.

(March 1, 2014 at 6:06 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: I want air con in my coffin in case the flames get too hot!

Oxygen is known to lessen the effects of fire...
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
(March 1, 2014 at 6:12 am)Mr. Moncrieff Wrote: Someone should have YouTubed the shit out of the poor guys who first saw him wriggling.

Fucking hell.

Well, I suppose the good news is that the guys at the funeral home didn't whack the guy over his head and keep working. Now the guy is going to have to die for real and he'll probably be wigged out until it happens.
Sleep well kids...

You don't know where you might wake up.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(March 2, 2014 at 5:43 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Sleep well kids...

You don't know where you might wake up.

You too mate! Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Some of us are awake during the day here...
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 second wave WinterHold 58 6798 August 11, 2020 at 6:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1300 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 22974 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Officially sold my "soul" for the second time. Foxaèr 2 1055 January 28, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  [4.1 SECOND Conversion] (without weird fonts too!) ignoramus 59 4986 January 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  ★★ [4.3 SECOND conversion] ★★: CONVERT religious to atheist, in roughly 4.3 seconds. ProgrammingGodJordan 118 10027 January 18, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Pseudo-Christians, you missed Jesus' SECOND COMING! 21stCenturyIconoclast 45 5317 January 2, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  NEW Religion - Cobainism Second coming of Jesus Cobainism 73 6790 November 27, 2016 at 7:17 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The second coming went already Rokcet Scientist 6 2858 February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Westboro Baptist is coming to my town The Skeptic 12 5093 February 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Thor