Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A friendly Christian sent me a message
A friendly Christian sent me a message
"I am surprised they responded to you as much as they did.

Really, pages of posts.

By the way- the silver fox experiment (a poster referred to) was done by adding selective breeding to the mix (intelligence) so that is a bogus way to
try to prove evilution.
And the speckled moth thing has been debunked. The moths do not behave as the so called scientist claim.
Here is a youtube vid you may like:
The theory of everything by Trey Smith.
I posted a link here last yr. and of course they didn't like it.
Trey is amazing, so are his other vids.
See you in the air.
They want God to come to them and show Himself, or do a miracle.
They think this is like Burger King where you get to have it YOUR way.
Atheist are angry about it.
However the apostle Paul declared the creation shouts the glory of God.
They only need to humble themselves and pray the God of Heaven show them the truth. Become childlike.
God is always waiting (having already made the first step toward us) for our step to Him.

Statler Waldorf (a brilliant Christian poster here) has a signature that says it all: "There is no God" "And I hate him"

Evolution is the greatest hoax in history and it is clung to because the only alternative is Creation.
Just as Adam and Eve hid (they thought) from God, people hide today.

Becoming a Christian was the last thing I wanted to do- getting off the throne of my life and surrendering WAS hard, but Jesus said, "If anyone will TRULY determine to DO the will of God- he will know My teaching- whether it comes from God or from man".

I also suggest looking on youtube for Ravi Zecharia for amazing insight into Christian and atheist thinking.

Now, pray that the Holy Spirit directs your path.
You are not on your own.
If you never give up (the Gospel path)- you automatically win."

He doesn't seem to be lying to me.
RE: A friendly Christian sent me a message
(March 1, 2014 at 8:08 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: He doesn't seem to be lying to me.

What matters is whether what he is saying is true, not whether he actually believes it or not.

How would you go about determining that what he says is true?
(March 1, 2014 at 8:08 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: "I am surprised they responded to you as much as they did.

Really, pages of posts.

Well, we had a lot to say. So did this guy, it seems, but most of it is wrong. Allow me to do a little debunking...

Quote:By the way- the silver fox experiment (a poster referred to) was done by adding selective breeding to the mix (intelligence) so that is a bogus way to
try to prove evilution.

"Evilution." ROFLOL

This contention demonstrates, more than anything, that your friendly christian actually doesn't know what evolution is. Evolution is simply genetic change over successive generations, and nothing more. Did the foxes change appearance and temperament as they got bred? Yes. Therefore, they evolved.

To be clear, the "intelligence" added to the breeding process didn't do more than place the fox pairs together so that they could breed, the actual changes happened due to the same entirely natural processes that occur in the wild. A far cry from the way a creationist would claim intelligence was involved, which is an active alteration of the animal. This contention from your messenger really doesn't make any sense, once one knows what evolution actually is.

Quote:And the speckled moth thing has been debunked. The moths do not behave as the so called scientist claim.

Oh, hold on, I've heard this one before...

Oh, yes, here we go: turns out all those claims about how invalid the peppered moth experiment was have all been debunked. That's three links there, by the way, but the resource I got them from has more. All of these "the peppered moth experiment was flawed!" arguments are themselves flawed. Read up, buddy: it's pretty interesting.

Quote:Here is a youtube vid you may like:
The theory of everything by Trey Smith.
I posted a link here last yr. and of course they didn't like it.
Trey is amazing, so are his other vids.
See you in the air.

Trey Smith is, from what I can tell, selling his stuff as his livelihood. He has something of a bias, here.

Quote:They want God to come to them and show Himself, or do a miracle.
They think this is like Burger King where you get to have it YOUR way.

That's what I'd call evidence, yes: without it, what do I have to tell me that a god is there?

Quote:Atheist are angry about it.

I'm not. Maybe you should ask him how he learned to read thoughts, because it's rather interesting being told how I'm feeling by someone who's never been a part of my group. Thinking

Quote:However the apostle Paul declared the creation shouts the glory of God.

Then the apostle Paul was wrong; the universe shouts the glory of the universe. Nobody has yet shown that it even is a creation.

Quote:They only need to humble themselves and pray the God of Heaven show them the truth. Become childlike.
God is always waiting (having already made the first step toward us) for our step to Him.

I hope you can see how praying, and implicitly assuming god is real, in order to find out that he's real, is circular reasoning.

Quote:Statler Waldorf (a brilliant Christian poster here) has a signature that says it all: "There is no God" "And I hate him"

I like Stat for a couple reasons, but frankly, he's just being ridiculous for having that in his signature. We don't hate god, any more than we hate Darth Vader. Tell me, how would you feel if a muslim told you that your position is "There is no Allah, and I hate him."?

How would that go over, to you?

Quote:Evolution is the greatest hoax in history and it is clung to because the only alternative is Creation.

Evolution is easily, demonstrably true, and it's also not the only alternative to biblical creation, either. That's a false dichotomy: what if the multiverse theory is true? There, proven wrong, easily.

Quote:Just as Adam and Eve hid (they thought) from God, people hide today.

Becoming a Christian was the last thing I wanted to do- getting off the throne of my life and surrendering WAS hard, but Jesus said, "If anyone will TRULY determine to DO the will of God- he will know My teaching- whether it comes from God or from man".

Jeez, this guy is just tossing out the trite christian rhetoric. Who is he, even? Does he have a username?

Quote:I also suggest looking on youtube for Ravi Zecharia for amazing insight into Christian and atheist thinking.

As an actual atheist, I should warn you that Ravi Zecharia habitually misrepresents the atheist position and what we think in order to sell books to the faithful. He's basically a conman, trading on lies about a group of people he knows nothing about. You can trust someone who's actually in that group, on that.

Quote:Now, pray that the Holy Spirit directs your path.
You are not on your own.
If you never give up (the Gospel path)- you automatically win."

You know, I don't even mind if you stay christian, JL. I just want you to be a well informed one who isn't afraid of that his thoughts might offend a deity.

Quote:He doesn't seem to be lying to me.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Again, he could just be wrong. That's always a possibility.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Some Jehovahs Witnesses called round on me today. They took my ire.

I think, subconsciously, JL1 is responsible for how angrily I dealt with them.

He just fucked up a lot of lives there. Bastard.
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
Troll lol lol lol
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 1, 2014 at 8:08 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: Statler Waldorf (a brilliant Christian poster here)

Sure, if you talk to Stat about music, it will be a decent conversation, but the man is a young earth creationist. There's nothing brilliant about that! Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I know you don't like to interact or actually discuss your diatribes with atheists. You usually just fling those 'pearls' (we call them shit mcnuggets) and run. But you do intrigue me just a little, JesusBottom1.

So interesting to see how neatly everything is made to fit in your little world. It resembles the world we actually live in here and there well enough but there are so many little dogma patches to keep out all that evil.

Personally I still think you're a POE out on a lark. "See you in the air." If that isn't an attempt to lampoon xtianity, I don't know what is.
Surely JL must be a poe no one can be that deluded can they?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I don't know who's telling the truth.
(March 1, 2014 at 9:46 am)JesusLover1 Wrote: I don't know who's telling the truth.

So, a POE and an existentialist. Say more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4017 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  whats the message? fojo 4 1038 November 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: fojo
  Nigeria atheist sent to a mental institute Nine 15 3328 June 26, 2014 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Atheist Sent To Jail For Rejecting God, In Blatant Violation Of The Constitution Big Blue Sky 10 4485 August 28, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  a must read message george23 20 8340 March 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Chris F
  Email response I sent to someone.... Voltair 0 1267 February 21, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Voltair
  Josh Hamilton receives a message from God! Thor 16 2551 October 31, 2011 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Thor
  The Power of the Message. TheDisciple 41 13983 April 13, 2010 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Loki_999