Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for parents
A question for parents
After numerous accounts of child sexual abuse that has been reported WHY continue letting your children be alone with religious officials?
RE: A question for parents
(March 1, 2014 at 4:22 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: After numerous accounts of child sexual abuse that has been reported WHY continue letting your children be alone with religious officials?

ROFLOL

That is like asking: "after numerous accounts of robbery, rape and murder by black people that has been reported, WHY continue letting your children intermingle with them?"

And I bet to you my question see bigoted, unfair, and maybe racists. My actual question is what is the difference between what you asked and what I asked?

We are both speaking in generalities about a small number of bad apples in a larger group.
Oh god Drich, you hit the jackpot. Way to go.
Except that the Catholic church is an organized society, able to communicate and hide paedophiles, while (contrary to popular belief) all black people don't know each other and don't organize their robbery, rape and murder.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(March 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Except that the Catholic church is an organized society, able to communicate and hide paedophiles, while (contrary to popular belief) all black people don't know each other and don't organize their robbery, rape and murder.

My wife knows loads of people....
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
(March 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Except that the Catholic church is an organized society, able to communicate and hide paedophiles, while (contrary to popular belief) all black people don't know each other and don't organize their robbery, rape and murder.

Spoken like a person who is 'in the know' from many years of working in the communities you are speaking of.

Oh wait that s not right. A pope resigned because they couldn't keep these criminals under wraps, and anytime you refer to the behavior of 'all people' youre appealing to a stereotype rather than to individuals. which is the point of my observation. Otherwise explain how you know 'all black people don't organize their rape robbery and murders. What makes black robbers so much more disorganized than white or yellow robbers?
(March 2, 2014 at 1:14 pm)Drich Wrote: Spoken like a person who is 'in the know' from many years of working in the communities you are speaking of.

Oh wait that s not right. A pope resigned because they couldn't keep these criminals under wraps, and anytime you refer to the behavior of 'all people' youre appealing to a stereotype rather than to individuals. which is the point of my observation. Otherwise explain how you know 'all black people don't organize their rape robbery and murders. What makes black robbers so much more disorganized than white or yellow robbers?

Are you just being obtuse and contrarian like usual, or are you really positing the existence of a large, organized criminal syndicate made up of all black people everywhere that controls global black crime? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 2, 2014 at 1:14 pm)Drich Wrote: Spoken like a person who is 'in the know' from many years of working in the communities you are speaking of.

Oh wait that s not right. A pope resigned because they couldn't keep these criminals under wraps, and anytime you refer to the behavior of 'all people' youre appealing to a stereotype rather than to individuals.

I'm not referring to the behaviour of all people. I'm referring to the behaviour of the Catholic church. You know, they way they systematically moved paedophile priests around to hide them. If you know that about the Catholic church, and you still follow them and support them, you are a sick individual.

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(March 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:

Oh wait that s not right. A pope resigned because they couldn't keep these criminals under wraps, and anytime you refer to the behavior of 'all people' youre appealing to a stereotype rather than to individuals.

I'm not referring to the behaviour of all people. I'm referring to the behaviour of the Catholic church. You know, they way they systematically moved paedophile priests around to hide them. If you know that about the Catholic church, and you still follow them and support them, you are a sick individual.

If you were talking about priests then why did you mention black people inability to organize criminal activity? Not to mention I pointed out the pope resigned because he was himself faced criminal charges for trying to hide these priests. Why didn't you address the failure of your arguement or provide some sort of evidence to the contrary?

(March 2, 2014 at 1:17 pm)Esquilax Wrote:

Are you just being obtuse and contrarian like usual, or are you really positing the existence of a large, organized criminal syndicate made up of all black people everywhere that controls global black crime? Dodgy

Strawman.. Want to give it another shot?
(March 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm)Drich Wrote: If you were talking about priests then why did you mention black people inability to organize criminal activity?

I don't know what you were talking about, but the rest of us were talking about priests. Brokenquill wasn't accusing random Catholics of being paedophiles.....

(March 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm)Drich Wrote: Not to mention I pointed out the pope resigned because he was himself faced criminal charges for trying to hide these priests.

Really? Cause that's not the reason I heard.....
And even if that was true, so what? He only resigned for hiding paedophiles? Is that it? Where is the punishment? Where is the jail time? Why don't we have a big ass list of all the priests the catholic church has hidden over the years?

(March 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm)Drich Wrote: Why didn't you address the failure of your arguement

Do remind me, what was my argument again?

(March 2, 2014 at 10:59 pm)Drich Wrote: or provide some sort of evidence to the contrary?

Evidence for what?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5629 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22776 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 26283 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6049 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9268 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pentecostal Parents Mister Agenda 30 9081 October 15, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Girl dies of stupid parents Jacob(smooth) 401 49037 January 30, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Thackerie
  So I'm sitting here at my parents' house... SteelCurtain 21 4917 June 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Who's the greater wingnut? Parents or Judge? JesusHChrist 34 10407 August 14, 2013 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  I'm no longer a christian, how do I break this to my parents? AspiringAtheist 46 12361 September 11, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: pocaracas