Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok I admit it
Ok I admit it
From a scientific and logical realm, Christianity seems to make no sense.
However what atheists neglect is the spiritual realm. There is so much visible power in the relationship believers have with God. It cannot be explained through reason, but only through a personal relationship with Jesus. Study the word without skepticism, ask Jesus to guide you, meditate on Gods's goodness, and ask about spiritual experience from those who have experienced it themselves.
RE: Ok I admit it
(March 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm)JesusLover1 Wrote: From a scientific and logical realm, Christianity seems to make no sense.
Yep.
(March 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm)JesusLover1 Wrote: Study the word without skepticism
Nope.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Bored now Undecided
(March 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm)JesusLover1 Wrote: From a scientific and logical realm, Christianity seems to make no sense.
However what atheists neglect is the spiritual realm. There is so much visible power in the relationship believers have with God. It cannot be explained through reason, but only through a personal relationship with Jesus. Study the word without skepticism, ask Jesus to guide you, meditate on Gods's goodness, and ask about spiritual experience from those who have experienced it themselves.

DO you dismiss the "relationships" people of other religions have with their deities?

It can be explained. It's the NEED to believe in something greater than the world around you. To make you feel better about your mortality by inventing an afterlife.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm)Beccs Wrote:

DO you dismiss the "relationships" people of other religions have with their deities?

It can be explained. It's the NEED to believe in something greater than the world around you. To make you feel better about your mortality by inventing an afterlife.

Only Christians have a PERSONAL relationship with their SAVIOR.
(March 2, 2014 at 7:23 pm)JesusLover1 Wrote:
(March 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm)Beccs Wrote: DO you dismiss the "relationships" people of other religions have with their deities?

Only Christians have a PERSONAL relationship with their SAVIOR.

Prove your claim.
Dying to live, living to die.
More bored now. Undecided
(March 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Bored now Undecided

Been bored since it got here.
In all seriousness, it is pretty obvious that religion does positive things for people in their personal lives. There is every reason to believe that people have a "spiritual" connection with whatever deity they believe in.

But there is NO evidence that those deities exist. It is a delusion that works for people. Nothing more. So no, I won't be turning my brain off to make it work for me.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Jesus is in your head. If you have a relationship with him you are making love to yourself. It's kind of like masterbation.