Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Jesus Shot
The Jesus Shot
Quote:Would you allow a doctor to inject you with a magical substance that will remove all pain for the rest of your life?

If that sounds too good to be true, it’s in part because the doctor, John Michael Lonergan, 67, is a convicted felon – a former federal prison inmate who was convicted on eight felony counts (involving tax evasion, mail fraud, and healthcare fraud) in Ohio.

Three hundred dollars for a little Christ in your bloodstream.

Is it just me, or do all the really credulous people seem to be religious? Any True Believers wish to step in to defend the good doctor, or are we all going to go with the usual fallacies? Dodgy

I mean, you'd have to be really, really whacked to let someone with that kind of background shove stuff into your veins. Confused Fall
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: The Jesus Shot
Well, obviously he's not a real Christian.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sadly, he is!

And Esq., they start out pretty gullible to seriously think that a dead jew came back to life for their sins.
(March 6, 2014 at 11:52 am)Esquilax Wrote:
Quote:Would you allow a doctor to inject you with a magical substance that will remove all pain for the rest of your life?

If that sounds too good to be true, it’s in part because the doctor, John Michael Lonergan, 67, is a convicted felon – a former federal prison inmate who was convicted on eight felony counts (involving tax evasion, mail fraud, and healthcare fraud) in Ohio.

Three hundred dollars for a little Christ in your bloodstream.

Is it just me, or do all the really credulous people seem to be religious? Any True Believers wish to step in to defend the good doctor, or are we all going to go with the usual fallacies? Dodgy

I mean, you'd have to be really, really whacked to let someone with that kind of background shove stuff into your veins. Confused Fall

once again with the assumptions, where in the story that you linked, does it say anything about "Christ" or even states the man is religious? Because it's called the "Jesus shot"? Jesus is a pretty common name, besides it states in the story and I quote “I don’t know why [Lonergan] calls it that.” So I guess that makes it religious the same way scientists referring to the Higgs boson as the "God" particle makes them religious.

look I consider myself a christian, but believe religion to be evil, and can still realize this story has nothing to do with religion, just a sick individual.
(March 6, 2014 at 12:21 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: once again with the assumptions, where in the story that you linked, does it say anything about "Christ" or even states the man is religious? Because it's called the "Jesus shot"? Jesus is a pretty common name, besides it states in the story and I quote “I don’t know why [Lonergan] calls it that.” So I guess that makes it religious the same way scientists referring to the Higgs boson as the "God" particle makes them religious.

look I consider myself a christian, but believe religion to be evil, and can still realize this story has nothing to do with religion, just a sick individual.

Wow. Facepalm
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Quote: Because it's called the "Jesus shot"?

Are you suggesting that in Oklahoma he would pronounce it "Hey Zoos?"
(March 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 6, 2014 at 12:21 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: once again with the assumptions, where in the story that you linked, does it say anything about "Christ" or even states the man is religious? Because it's called the "Jesus shot"? Jesus is a pretty common name, besides it states in the story and I quote “I don’t know why [Lonergan] calls it that.” So I guess that makes it religious the same way scientists referring to the Higgs boson as the "God" particle makes them religious.

Wow. Facepalm
Once again, not able to provide any substance, are you able to refute what I said? I guess the answer would be no, because you would have if you could.

here I'll make it simple for you

your quote:
(March 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Three hundred dollars for a little Christ in your bloodstream.

can you find the word "Christ" mentioned anywhere in the story, yes or no?
(March 6, 2014 at 12:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(March 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Wow. Facepalm
Once again, not able to provide any substance, are you able to refute what I said? I guess the answer would be no, because you would have if you could.

here I'll make it simple for you

your quote:
(March 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Three hundred dollars for a little Christ in your bloodstream.

can you find the word "Christ" mentioned anywhere in the story, yes or no?

Its like the bible... dont read into it or was it dont .... umum.. its there. . U have to have faith.... can u find the name jesus in the O.T. ?
Apparently someone missed that part where one of his patients said "Jesus gave him the recipe 30 years ago."
(March 6, 2014 at 12:53 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Apparently someone missed that part where one of his patients said "Jesus gave him the recipe 30 years ago."

Yeah, but that was Jesus Rivera, his cellmate in San Quentin. *cough*
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7201 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Catholic Group Leader: Academics 'Take Out and Shot' null--69 7 3508 March 16, 2014 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Oklahomans getting Jesus-shot from convicted felon TaraJo 4 1706 March 9, 2014 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7371 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Two Street Preachers Shot Gilligan 60 19210 March 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: tavarish