Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Brits Have All The Fun
The Brits Have All The Fun
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/trs/...about.aspx

Quote: A conference exploring the Historical Jesus and his Times, via Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Friday 20 June to Sunday 22 June 2014
Edmond J Safra Lecture Theatre, King's College London
RE: The Brits Have All The Fun
I always said it was probably THE most accurate portrayal of the Life of Jesus we had.

I also loved the very end of the piece "this is also a celebration of a British movie masterpiece."

If you want to know why you need to see the discussion between Cleese, Palin a Bishop and Malcolm Muggeridge about the film not long after it came out.

That discussion shows just how far we have come as atheists. Look at how rude MM feels he can be about the film and how placating and respectful the Python guys think they have to be.

Now - they'd have gutted the cunt.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
I did see that interview. This is what those two cunts deserved.

Sanctimonious twats.
But back then they could get away with it and hold the "high ground."

Thankfully those days are long gone. Sanctimonious twats indeed!
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Now that would be an interesting conference to attend.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 6, 2014 at 3:39 pm)max-greece Wrote: That discussion shows just how far we have come as atheists. Look at how rude MM feels he can be about the film and how placating and respectful the Python guys think they have to be.

Now - they'd have gutted the cunt.

The other day a radio presenter said on national radio "Not that I'd imagine any of us would believe in God" with a slight laugh afterwards. The tide is definitely turning.
I can crash that, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2260 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1495 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Wink Well, that was fun! Cyberman 25 3187 March 10, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why atheists make fun of you christians dyresand 10 5499 September 30, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  WHY do we have religion? Because fables are FUN. drfuzzy 5 1690 September 1, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67004 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Because I Can't Make Fun of My Cousin On Facebook Nope 11 3565 June 29, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  you have to have faith..and there's a purpose k2490 16 5769 June 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why did God murder children for making fun of a bald guy? bluemonday 179 43035 March 31, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Fun Things To Do In Church BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2705 February 20, 2014 at 5:45 am
Last Post: DarkHorse