Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oklahomans getting Jesus-shot from convicted felon
Oklahomans getting Jesus-shot from convicted felon
John Michael Lonergan was a doctor. He was also a prison inmate, incarcerated for tax evasion. After getting out of prison, he moved from Ohio to Oklahoma and began practicing medicine under state supervision, but the state of Oklahoma decided to terminate that agreement in March 2013, meaning he can practice without supervision. However, it's recently been discovered that he's been offering people a miracle "Jesus shot" for $300 that is supposed to cure any pain. No clue what's in the shot, though.

I kid you not. I don't understand how even the most naive, fundamentalist Christian would ever fall for this.

http://www.news9.com/story/24886352/conv...jesus-shot
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Oklahomans getting Jesus-shot from convicted felon
(March 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm)TaraJo Wrote: John Michael Lonergan was a doctor. He was also a prison inmate, incarcerated for tax evasion. After getting out of prison, he moved from Ohio to Oklahoma and began practicing medicine under state supervision, but the state of Oklahoma decided to terminate that agreement in March 2013, meaning he can practice without supervision. However, it's recently been discovered that he's been offering people a miracle "Jesus shot" for $300 that is supposed to cure any pain. No clue what's in the shot, though.

I kid you not. I don't understand how even the most naive, fundamentalist Christian would ever fall for this.

Someone claimed that the highest IQ in Oklahoma was 10.
(March 8, 2014 at 1:32 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(March 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm)TaraJo Wrote: John Michael Lonergan was a doctor. He was also a prison inmate, incarcerated for tax evasion. After getting out of prison, he moved from Ohio to Oklahoma and began practicing medicine under state supervision, but the state of Oklahoma decided to terminate that agreement in March 2013, meaning he can practice without supervision. However, it's recently been discovered that he's been offering people a miracle "Jesus shot" for $300 that is supposed to cure any pain. No clue what's in the shot, though.

Someone claimed that the highest IQ in Oklahoma was 10.

That's a grievous misrepresentation, sir.

It's 5.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
There's already a thread on this.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-24455.html
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I thought for sure this one was about a gun and some hicks.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1196 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Catholics getting rid of layers of bullshit. Whateverist 17 2431 September 16, 2016 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7229 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Why do I waste time at Christian sites, I keep getting banned... SanDiegoGuy 55 7893 July 29, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SanDiegoGuy
  Catholic Group Leader: Academics 'Take Out and Shot' null--69 7 3513 March 16, 2014 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  The Jesus Shot Esquilax 38 8832 March 7, 2014 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So, I'm Getting Confirmed ChildOfReason 84 12977 January 13, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7382 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Two Street Preachers Shot Gilligan 60 19284 March 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: tavarish