Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is at the center of everything
Life is at the center of everything
Life falls in the center of all things. Not necessarily geographically, but in terms of scale.

http://scaleofuniverse.com/
RE: Life is at the center of everything
There is no "center", Hey-would-ya-blow-me-just-kicked-off-The-Thinking-Atheist. Mr. "Dawkins got it wrong".

You can't even define the nano-second two gametes become a human.
It appears you don't know much about life, or the universe.
WTF are you doing hanging around atheist sites ?
Perhaps you could get some help.

Tiger

meow
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(March 8, 2014 at 9:39 pm)Heywood Wrote: Life falls in the center of all things. Not necessarily geographically, but in terms of scale.

So? Your point is?
Welcome FSM Grin
(March 8, 2014 at 10:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 9:39 pm)Heywood Wrote: Life falls in the center of all things. Not necessarily geographically, but in terms of scale.

So? Your point is?

I guess my point would be to correct the misconception that we aren't at the center of things....but really I think the little game is cool to play with.
(March 9, 2014 at 12:17 am)Heywood Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 10:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: So? Your point is?

I guess my point would be to correct the misconception that we aren't at the center of things....but really I think the little game is cool to play with.

I suppose that depends entirely on what you mean by "at the center of things". I'd hate to assume that you're equivocating.
(March 9, 2014 at 12:35 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 12:17 am)Heywood Wrote: I guess my point would be to correct the misconception that we aren't at the center of things....but really I think the little game is cool to play with.

I suppose that depends entirely on what you mean by "at the center of things". I'd hate to assume that you're equivocating.

"Center of all things" in this thread would be the midpoint between the planck length and the observable universe.
(March 9, 2014 at 1:19 am)Heywood Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 12:35 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I suppose that depends entirely on what you mean by "at the center of things". I'd hate to assume that you're equivocating.

"Center of all things" in this thread would be the midpoint between the planck length and the observable universe.

I get that. How is that remotely relavent to... Well, anything?
(March 9, 2014 at 2:41 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I get that. How is that remotely relavent to... Well, anything?

Did you check out the page he linked? Pretty cool. I think that was reason enough for the thread.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(March 9, 2014 at 2:47 am)Rahul Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 2:41 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I get that. How is that remotely relavent to... Well, anything?

Did you check out the page he linked? Pretty cool. I think that was reason enough for the thread.

Yeah, I've seen it - it is indeed very cool. I'm just questioning the meaning the OP appears to be giving life's relative location on the scale. Maybe he isn't, and I'm reading between the lines something that isn't there. Just curious what his point is - if there is one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3107 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3702 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1391 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 694 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2098 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3109 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  The most horrifying journey, this is what doubting 'everything' does. Mystic 66 16215 April 3, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2895 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, baah 59 9935 October 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, cali0 38 6875 November 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger