Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Men
White Men
A recent post in this area of the forum, titled "Interesting Analysis", stated that the last demographic not to be conquored by the Democratic party is white males. The poster thought that white men resent the recent advancements of women and minorities and would like to regain their privileged status in our culture. He/She stated that since they know they are powerless to change it, they vote Republican as a punishment for their behavior (athough it seems voting Democrat would be more logical in that case). I made a couple of posts disagreeing with those comments and asked if there were any other white men out there who were also tired of people lying about white men. No one replied, so I assume that out of the 151 viewers to that thread, every white man in that group thinks that what was said about him was true.
RE: White Men
What on Earth are you talking about?
So, rather than assuming your post just wasn't quite interesting for anyone to respond to, you think everyone who saw it is a white male supremist loon?
Get over yourself. Sometimes people just don't care what you have to say. It happens with my posts all the time. Don't take it to heart.
Your ego is something monstrous, huh?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Your ego is something monstrous, huh?

Just trying to get a discussion going. It's an issue that I feel needs to be talked about. Sorry to waste your time.
Quote: No one replied, so I assume that out of the 151 viewers to that thread, every white man in that group thinks that what was said about him was true.

You think that because people don't respond to you that they agree with what you disagreed with?

Are you even remotely aware how insane that sounds?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 9, 2014 at 4:58 pm)Lek Wrote: Just trying to get a discussion going. It's an issue that I feel needs to be talked about. Sorry to waste your time.

Perhaps assuming the worst of people simply because they didn't reply to your post isn't an effective way of starting a discussion.

In the future, try not to insinuate on others' character if you really feel an issue needs to be talked about.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I read it and didn't feel like it was a discussion I wanted to get into. For one I don't think most women and minorities lie about "white men". I disagreed with the idea that white men are voting Republican as a form of punishment and resentment toward advancement of women and minorities.

Most of the conservate republican white men I know of characterize democrats as wanting to irresponsibly spend money that we don't have on welfare and other things until the government goes bankrupt. They loved pointing out the recent issues with Greece as an example of what they believe would happen to the US without them. I don't agree with them, but that's what most of their mindset seems to be based on. They don't seem to be spiteful of anyone that is getting ahead in life as long as they are doing it through their own labor.

I align a lot more closely to democrats except for a few key areas.

But that's just IME and IMO.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I admit it. I'm white, but if I had it to do over again, I'd be a lot browner. What race is The Rock? I wanna be his color.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(March 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm)Rahul Wrote: I read it and didn't feel like it was a discussion I wanted to get into. For one I don't think most women and minorities lie about "white men". I disagreed with the idea that white men are voting Republican as a form of punishment and resentment toward advancement of women and minorities.

Most of the conservate republican white men I know of characterize democrats as wanting to irresponsibly spend money that we don't have on welfare and other things until the government goes bankrupt. They loved pointing out the recent issues with Greece as an example of what they believe would happen to the US without them. I don't agree with them, but that's what most of their mindset seems to be based on. They don't seem to be spiteful of anyone that is getting ahead in life as long as they are doing it through their own labor.

I align a lot more closely to democrats except for a few key areas.

But that's just IME and IMO.

I think that's a fair assessment of the some of the reasons people support the Republican party. I do happen to think that the US and other EU countries are heading the same direction as Greece, particularly Spain and Italy, but we can disagree on that. As to the "white men" issue, I'm appalled at how many men will grumble about their characterization in private, but won't say anything in public.
(March 9, 2014 at 5:24 pm)Lek Wrote: As to the "white men" issue, I'm appalled at how many men will grumble about their characterization in private, but won't say anything in public.

Yeah. Well I'm a Southern white male. I get shit on even by other white men from other parts of the country.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Men are robbers Interaktive 11 1542 November 10, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The white privilege to terrorize Foxaèr 116 7929 November 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Militias/BS white anxiety and toilet paper. Brian37 10 1135 October 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4290 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  White Christians are in retreat Minimalist 0 229 October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4379 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3687 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 357 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black men kneeling Foxaèr 18 2569 May 26, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The SPLC - All White at the Top John V 29 4049 April 24, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda