Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persecture: The movie enemies of religious freedom don't want you to see!!!
Persecture: The movie enemies of religious freedom don't want you to see!!!
This clip appears on Fox News (shocker)

Full Clip
RE: Persecture: The movie enemies of religious freedom don't want you to see!!!
Oh those poor persecuted Christians.

But I look forward to the day when a Christian can freely proclaim his faith without fear of arrest and that every streetcorner has a church.

Wait.....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Hah, just the synopsis of the plot makes me laugh, it's just sooo... Hollywood. A man fighting a religious reform bill is framed for murder. The short clip implies that he was framed by non-believers, because that's the problem with America: too many atheists in positions of power.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 11, 2014 at 10:21 am)Tonus Wrote: Hah, just the synopsis of the plot makes me laugh, it's just sooo... Hollywood. A man fighting a religious reform bill is framed for murder. The short clip implies that he was framed by non-believers, because that's the problem with America: too many atheists in positions of power.

Yeah, there are no open Atheists in politics yet somehow we are persecuting Christians who are a vast majority in the country?

Christians are quick to point out that this is 'a Christian country' and at the same time whine about persecution that doesn't actually happen.

Edit: As a side note I was going to post a similar comment on their comments section using facebook and when I did I got this:

[Image: 2z4xqfb.jpg]

Yeah right!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
If you want a real laugh, look for the movie "Last Ounce of Courage." It's hilariously over-the-top about how badly conservative Christians are being persecuted in this country. You'll also want to laugh at all the horrendously bad acting. And coincidentally it was a movie promoted by none other than Bill O'Reilly, who has a short cameo in the form of a video clip from his TV show. But some of the plot involves a high school student getting in trouble for having a bible in his school locker, a guy going to jail for putting a cross back on the side of a church building, and people protesting Christmas.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 11, 2014 at 11:31 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: If you want a real laugh, look for the movie "Last Ounce of Courage." It's hilariously over-the-top about how badly conservative Christians are being persecuted in this country. You'll also want to laugh at all the horrendously bad acting. And coincidentally it was a movie promoted by none other than Bill O'Reilly, who has a short cameo in the form of a video clip from his TV show. But some of the plot involves a high school student getting in trouble for having a bible in his school locker, a guy going to jail for putting a cross back on the side of a church building, and people protesting Christmas.

It's amazing that some people believe that is what is happening. Persecution is a large part of the Christian narrative because of their early history, but at some point that narrative has to come up against reality. Now Christians claim they are persecuted because we don't let them force other people to pray. Give me a fucking break.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Don't forget how persecuted they are because we won't let them persecute gays.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Haha, this reminds me of a movie I saw on SyFy channel back when it was correctly spelled Sci-Fi. It was called The Last Man on Planet Earth. A virus was unleashed that killed all but a handful of the planet's male population, and one of the remaining men claims it was a feminist plot. I'm all, "Bitch, plz!"
[Image: 311659_473030932707760_2079554676_n.jpg]
(March 11, 2014 at 7:48 am)catman Wrote: This clip appears on Fox News (shocker)

Full Clip

Don't they just love playing the victim.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1983 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3331 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 770 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1319 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 346 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 220 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6055 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This commercial pisses me off every time I see it. brewer 12 1359 June 28, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I Want Your Cray Cray Foxaèr 8 1264 May 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15882 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist