Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Have Expected This in Texas....Not Oregon
I'd Have Expected This in Texas....Not Oregon
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/11/id...trination/

Quote:Idiocracy: Oregon allows students to leave school for daily Biblical indoctrination
RE: I'd Have Expected This in Texas....Not Oregon
(March 11, 2014 at 2:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/11/id...trination/

Quote:Idiocracy: Oregon allows students to leave school for daily Biblical indoctrination

Unfortunately this poison crops up in so many places.
Dying to live, living to die.
I just... I mean, I don't... just WHY??? Don't kids have Sunday mornings to get their fill of God and Jesus? Shouldn't they be learning about stuff that actually matters during the week and let their parents do the religious indoctrination on their own time?

Quote:Adams’s lesson-plan required students to learn the meaning of the word “catastrophe” and understand the concept of sin, in order to understand the Biblical story of Noah’s ark. Adams spoke about the animals that went aboard, including dinosaurs

We've still got a long way to go to reverse all the damage that Christianity is doing to this nation.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I was actually surprised to learn how close this community is to Portland. We may be the most atheist state in the Union, but DT is right -- we've a long way to go to reverse all the damage that Christianity is doing to this nation... in every corner of it. And make no mistake, Oregon has its share of these fundamentalist nutjobs.
Oh, and THE FUCKING FLINTSTONES WAS NOT A FUCKING DOCUMENTARY!!
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I think this is pretty much nation-wide and was a result of early court decisions regarding separation of church and state.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014...in-bedroom

This is completely expected in Oregon. Only a liberal (and likely an atheist) is afraid of his own kitty-cat.
(March 18, 2014 at 4:32 pm)alpha male Wrote: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014...in-bedroom

This is completely expected in Oregon. Only a liberal (and likely an atheist) is afraid of his own kitty-cat.

This part tells me that they're definitely from Portland.

Quote:In an interview with the AP, Palmer said the family is not getting rid of the cat.

"He's been part of our family for a long time," he said.

So, they are sending him to therapy.

Where the fuck do you find a therapist that speaks cat?
I lived in Oregon from 1996 until 2013, and still live right across the river in Washington; essentially a suburb of Portland.

There is no shortage of religious idiocy even in Oregon/Washington (also statistically low on the religious belief index).

Nutty religious signs on I5 around Longview. Religious nutters with their Jesus-y signs on I5 in North Portland. Churches about every 500 feet it seems. Before living in a gated community, we'd get the frequent visits from JWs, Moronic Mormons and their ilk.

Tremendous waste of resources and time.

And now this - kids taking time out from actual school, to get their heads filled with bullshit. Awesome. That "training" will come in handy when taking the SAT or during a Calculus course. Durrrrr.
(March 18, 2014 at 4:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 4:32 pm)alpha male Wrote: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014...in-bedroom

This part tells me that they're definitely from Portland.

Quote:In an interview with the AP, Palmer said the family is not getting rid of the cat.

"He's been part of our family for a long time," he said.

So, they are sending him to therapy.

Where the fuck do you find a therapist that speaks cat?
I'll speak cat for $200/hour.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas devolving binny 20 8093 November 14, 2012 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Secular volunteer opportunities for atheists/humanists of Houston Texas Ziploc Surprise 0 3030 May 18, 2012 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Atheists sue to block Texas governor from promoting Christian prayer rally Judas BentHer 20 6855 July 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: thebigfudge
  The Secular Coalition of America calls for action against the Texas School Board Eilonnwy 3 1831 August 20, 2010 at 11:09 am
Last Post: leo-rcc