Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is age merely a number?
Is age merely a number?
Tomorrow is my 27th birthday. I'm having a bit of anxiety about growing old. 27 years old. I'm nearly 1/3 of the way through my journey in this vessel. That's terrifying because I very much enjoy life.

I don't physically feel as though my life is 1/3 of the way to dead, however, mentally I feel as though death could knock on the door at any moment.

I'll settle on red velvet cake though Smile
RE: Is age merely a number?
(March 11, 2014 at 9:02 pm)OfMiceAndMen Wrote: Tomorrow is my 27th birthday. I'm having a bit of anxiety about growing old. 27 years old. I'm nearly 1/3 of the way through my journey in this vessel. That's terrifying because I very much enjoy life.

I don't physically feel as though my life is 1/3 of the way to dead, however, mentally I feel as though death could knock on the door at any moment.

I'll settle on red velvet cake though Smile

First up, happy birthday for tomorrow

Secondly, I've had the same trepidation about turning 30 this year.

I think it's attitude more important than physical age.

Plus, I always say, you're only as old as the person you feel . . .

Wink Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
I didn't think a thing about age until I turned 50. Then suddenly, I just couldn't say the words. Now that I've gotten used to saying it, I no longer care anymore. I could die tomorrow, or I could die at 90. No sense worrying about age unless you're having health problems.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Red velvet cake is amazing. Not that horrible Walmart stuff though, or even worse, those red velvet snack cakes. Naw, man, the real shit.

And worrying about when or how you're going to die doesn't help anything - you should think about how you're going to live.
I second that^

I've had more and more problems with migraines/headaches and allergies as I've gotten older. Those make me feel physically older. When they're gone, I don't feel much different now than 10 years ago.

Fucktards make me feel emotionally older. I wish I could work only with plants instead of dead beat shitheads.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 11, 2014 at 9:12 pm)rasetsu Wrote: I didn't think a thing about age until I turned 50. Then suddenly, I just couldn't say the words. Now that I've gotten used to saying it, I no longer care anymore. I could die tomorrow, or I could die at 90. No sense worrying about age unless you're having health problems.

As far as I know I'm healthy, but wtf do I know...I'm no doctor. As much as i hate to admit it, I'm rather psychotic when it comes to worrying. Its slightly obsessive. I have (for the sake of words I'll use envisioned) envisioned the death of every single person I've come in contact with. Super sketch, I know. Can't help it though. I worry about dying from freak sudden causes.

Maybe I'm schizophrenic, I don't know Undecided
Age is just a number.

An annoyingly significant fucking number.
(March 11, 2014 at 9:21 pm)OfMiceAndMen Wrote: Maybe I'm schizophrenic, I don't know Undecided

That sounds a lot more like anxiety issues, not schiz.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
My god you should be enjoying your life totally for your age, but then some young people mellow as they get older and end up enjoying their latter years, the idea is to not be greedy and think about the quantity, but to be happy and enjoy the quality. There is no use living a long life if your not happy, its best to live a short life and spend that time being happy.
Red velvet cake is my favorite. Happy birthday! Big Grin

I'm in my early 30s and I just wish we could be wise (wiser at my age now) when we are teenagers, so we could avoid all the pitfalls of adulthood. Lol But, experience (and pain) are good teachers, I guess. Life is a journey, one age or phase not being better than another.

Sex is also quite awesome since hitting my 30's! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9149 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8330 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What’s your age and butt size J a c k 52 4738 January 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  3, that's the magic number... Ben Davis 15 691 July 22, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Alex K
  How Do You Percieve Age? Kernel Sohcahtoa 33 3983 April 27, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  "Teen"age songs brewer 60 5893 July 27, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  The Taboo of Number Two Catholic_Lady 397 26258 November 7, 2015 at 9:21 am
Last Post: brewer
Question Do you know your credit card number- Aractus 22 2424 September 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Number 2's on the way! Ben Davis 28 2734 July 29, 2015 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  By the way, the number 6 Foxaèr 15 2142 July 8, 2015 at 8:28 am
Last Post: robvalue