Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender-neutral marriage in Finland?
Gender-neutral marriage in Finland?
Today at 10-12 (GMT +2) the Finnish parliament will cover the citizen proposal of gender-neutral marriage. I am so crossing my fingers for this one, may the elected of the people let the bill pass! Big Grin

http://yle.fi/uutiset/gender-neutral_mar...nt/7098706
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Gender-neutral marriage in Finland?
Is it sad that I went to the link to read that article, but ended up reading the one about ice cream instead? Sad
Really? That's odd, it works fine for me.. Undecided
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Works for me too.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Yes! It passed! It will still take some time to change the law, and according to the situation now, the parliament will at the latest vote on the matter this fall.

Gender-neutral? What's next, species-neutral? WHERE DOES IT END????
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 13, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Tonus Wrote: Gender-neutral? What's next, species-neutral? WHERE DOES IT END????

Slippery slope, my friend, slippery slope! Big Grin

(March 13, 2014 at 11:47 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Really? That's odd, it works fine for me.. Undecided
No, sorry... the link is correct, I just easily got side tracked by the ice cream article on the side of the main one. :p
Yeah, go equality!

Though personally, I don't think anyone should get married.
(March 13, 2014 at 4:58 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: I don't think anyone should get married.

It is an out of date institution, the only reason I'm gonna marry is the legal benefits, nothing else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betty Bowers - Save The Hole In Front For Marriage Minimalist 2 887 December 7, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Facebook adds 56 Gender options to choose from Rampant.A.I. 93 12877 March 5, 2014 at 3:35 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Miley Cyrus gets pro-gay marriage tattoo, other Xtians get mad TheAtheistTroll 13 6267 August 8, 2011 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  New York and Gay Marriage Rhage 5 2068 June 26, 2011 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Judas BentHer
  Betty Bowers Explains Marriage Minimalist 5 1770 September 18, 2010 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B