Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the unabomber
the unabomber
i'm really interested in him because he was so smart and want to know what other people think about him.
RE: the unabomber
He was a psychopath.
(March 13, 2014 at 4:37 pm)Cato Wrote: He was a psychopath.

yes thats the response i get most of the time but his writings are so very accurate and he was a child genius and the youngest prof at berkley. Not to mention harvard at 16 and the publishing of a dissertation that even his professors could not comprehend.
(March 13, 2014 at 4:40 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote:
(March 13, 2014 at 4:37 pm)Cato Wrote: He was a psychopath.

yes thats the response i get most of the time but his writings are so very accurate and he was a child genius and the youngest prof at berkley. Not to mention harvard at 16 and the publishing of a dissertation that even his professors could not comprehend.

Intelligence doesn't stop him being a psycho.

In fact, high IQ is quite common among his type of psychosis.

It doesn't justify killing people.
Dying to live, living to die.
Genius and insanity go hand in hand. E.g. Mozart was completely nuts, yet he wrote wonderful music.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 13, 2014 at 4:35 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: i'm really interested in him because he was so smart and want to know what other people think about him.

I cant find ur intro..
(March 13, 2014 at 4:43 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(March 13, 2014 at 4:40 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: yes thats the response i get most of the time but his writings are so very accurate and he was a child genius and the youngest prof at berkley. Not to mention harvard at 16 and the publishing of a dissertation that even his professors could not comprehend.

Intelligence doesn't stop him being a psycho.

In fact, high IQ is quite common among his type of psychosis.

It doesn't justify killing people.

I had this exact debate with many of myb friends and family members fine he killed people but he killed bad people not you and me average people. He went for ceo's. And a man with A high IQ left behind a manifesto that the average man can read and educate the masses with how man geniiuses do that???

(March 13, 2014 at 4:44 pm)truthBtold Wrote:
(March 13, 2014 at 4:35 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: i'm really interested in him because he was so smart and want to know what other people think about him.

I cant find ur intro..

have any of you read what he wrote ( i'm just using this as an example) or are you just going to let him rot like nietzsche.
Congratulations, you are now being investigated by the CIA.

But seriously, there is some truth to his manifesto, but killing CEOs isn't an effective means of change. When CEOs die, other people take their place as CEO. If he really wanted to change things, he should have tried to get into politics or started a revolution or something. For a smart guy, he didn't make very smart choices.
(March 13, 2014 at 4:49 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Congratulations, you are now being investigated by the CIA.

But seriously, there is some truth to his manifesto, but killing CEOs isn't an effective means of change. When CEOs die, other people take their place as CEO. If he really wanted to change things, he should have tried to get into politics or started a revolution or something. For a smart guy, he didn't make very smart choices.

he talks about surrogate activities 1effortless 2 very difficult 3 impossible
do you think he could have been elected without support of the media it falls into a 3
(March 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: he talks about surrogate activities 1effortless 2 very difficult 3 impossible
do you think he could have been elected without support of the media it falls into a 3
If he couldn't be a successful politician, he could have been a successful activist. His terrorist tactics didn't help anyone.