Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why oh Why
Why oh Why
Hey,
After joining this form nearly a year ago I have read many comments and viewpoints of Christianity and the belief in God. Unfortunately these arguments from both sides are rather weak.

Question 1)

Mine won’t be any better but it does put a new perspective on things.
1) We are told Jesus IS God
2) Jesus Died on the Cross for Our Sins
3) Jesus too our Punishment
So the questions I have to raise here are.
1) Why is Jesus not eternally in hell
2) If Jesus took our sins upon the cross the is it not true that he is being killed fairly as he was a Sinner?
3) What makes God not a Sinner if he took our sins?
4) What makes Jesus not a Sinner if he took our sins?

Understand your bible said Jesus became sin and the punishment of sin is death and many say that Jesus led a blameless life and then died on the cross. So did he take our sins ‘After’ Death because if it was ‘Before’ death then his death is ultimately justified under OT Law.

Further what part of Jesus dying and rising in 3 days then going to heaven shows me that he took my sins. All that shows is that even Jesus was a wimp in a Hell that ‘He?’ or his Father created and couldent stand it more than 3 days.

Understand if someone gives their life for me – They don’t come back to life? If someone goes to prison for me they go to prison for my punishment they don’t leave early? If my punishment is eternal then surely Jesus should be in an eternal hell unless punishment is circa 3 days.

Question 2)
Satan – Also known as the Acuser / Belzebub / Morning Star etc…
We are told that God and Satan are not Co-Equal.

Jesus said we are to come to God like Children? Well what Father leaves his child alone to be tormented to be lied to and tricked by a ‘Stranger’.
Satan gets a bad rep however when we look at what Jesus and God expect from its its wholy unfair. We are to be Grateful to a God who Died for Us on the cross.

Yet for the last 2,000 years he has been physically silent on this earth letting satan ‘the Stranger’ cloud our minds and judgements about God and right and wrong!

This would mean that All Athiests on this forum are not accountable to God as what father would let a bad man take his kids off him.

Now don’t get me started on the bull shit about even if God did as we asked we would not believe in him – That is a complete and utter lie. If I asked God to physically fight me like he did with Jacob I think I would believe in his existence.

If God loves us then why let satan fuck with us?
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Why oh Why
I think maybe you are a little too caught up in nitpicking Christian myths. If you accept the premise that none of that is true the answer to all of those questions are the same. It doesn't matter.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Actually I would say I have a passive belief in a 'God' or something that exists in everything. I have read Gnostic Biblical works and it makes more sense that God is everything we know and that we ourselves are part of 'God' and are 'God.

I find this is quite profound teaching, Part of me also believes that Jesus was more than likely an Alien here just to sway cilvilzation down a certain path. E.g. Christianity == War + Rich Priests / Islam == Suicide Bombers.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
Yahweh doesn't sin because sin is things that Yahweh doesn't like. Of course he equates sin with evil in the book, but many people will agree that some sins aren't evil, and some things that aren't sins are evil. So you can say Yahweh is sinless, but sin has little to no meaning.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

That's only profound teaching as long as you're high. If God is everything, then the concept is empty and redundant.

In order to make it plausible that jesus was a space alien, you would need evidence that there was actually a historical person who performed all these miracles. There isn't, so there is no need for wild hypotheses.
(March 15, 2014 at 4:47 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: Actually I would say I have a passive belief in a 'God' or something that exists in everything. I have read Gnostic Biblical works and it makes more sense that God is everything we know and that we ourselves are part of 'God' and are 'God.

I find this is quite profound teaching, Part of me also believes that Jesus was more than likely an Alien here just to sway cilvilzation down a certain path. E.g. Christianity == War + Rich Priests / Islam == Suicide Bombers.

You think that Jesus was more than likely an alien? More than likely? Really? I mean based on what?
(March 15, 2014 at 4:42 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: Hey,
After joining this form nearly a year ago I have read many comments and viewpoints of Christianity and the belief in God. Unfortunately these arguments from both sides are rather weak.

Question 1)

Mine won’t be any better but it does put a new perspective on things.
1) We are told Jesus IS God
2) Jesus Died on the Cross for Our Sins
3) Jesus too our Punishment
So the questions I have to raise here are.
1) Why is Jesus not eternally in hell
2) If Jesus took our sins upon the cross the is it not true that he is being killed fairly as he was a Sinner?
3) What makes God not a Sinner if he took our sins?
4) What makes Jesus not a Sinner if he took our sins?

Understand your bible said Jesus became sin and the punishment of sin is death and many say that Jesus led a blameless life and then died on the cross. So did he take our sins ‘After’ Death because if it was ‘Before’ death then his death is ultimately justified under OT Law.

Further what part of Jesus dying and rising in 3 days then going to heaven shows me that he took my sins. All that shows is that even Jesus was a wimp in a Hell that ‘He?’ or his Father created and couldent stand it more than 3 days.

Understand if someone gives their life for me – They don’t come back to life? If someone goes to prison for me they go to prison for my punishment they don’t leave early? If my punishment is eternal then surely Jesus should be in an eternal hell unless punishment is circa 3 days.

Question 2)
Satan – Also known as the Acuser / Belzebub / Morning Star etc…
We are told that God and Satan are not Co-Equal.

Jesus said we are to come to God like Children? Well what Father leaves his child alone to be tormented to be lied to and tricked by a ‘Stranger’.
Satan gets a bad rep however when we look at what Jesus and God expect from its its wholy unfair. We are to be Grateful to a God who Died for Us on the cross.

Yet for the last 2,000 years he has been physically silent on this earth letting satan ‘the Stranger’ cloud our minds and judgements about God and right and wrong!

This would mean that All Athiests on this forum are not accountable to God as what father would let a bad man take his kids off him.

Now don’t get me started on the bull shit about even if God did as we asked we would not believe in him – That is a complete and utter lie. If I asked God to physically fight me like he did with Jacob I think I would believe in his existence.

If God loves us then why let satan fuck with us?

Why Jesus isn't still in hell suffering for eternity is because he paid the full price on the cross. We don't know fully what he went through or technically how he paid the price. He lets Satan f... with us because he wants us to use him to fight back. If we are in him then Satan can't harm us. If we stay in him we'll be saved. The troubles in the world are a consequence of our sins not his hate for us.
What we "deserve" is an eternity separated from Yahweh, according to the bible. Having a horrible week, then rising again to rule over everything is not a sacrifice. That's the equivalent of my cutting off my hand, then sewing it back together, and becoming king of the world for doing so. I've lost nothing substantial, besides having it cut off while I'm fully conscious and not using pain killers. No innocent person should ever stand in for the guilty, and no guilty person should ever be punished beyond their crime. infinite punishment for finite crime is as disproportionate as it gets. Not that christians agree on what hell is, any more than anything else in the book.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 15, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Lek Wrote: Why Jesus isn't still in hell suffering for eternity is because he paid the full price on the cross. We don't know fully what he went through or technically how he paid the price. He lets Satan f... with us because he wants us to use him to fight back. If we are in him then Satan can't harm us. If we stay in him we'll be saved. The troubles in the world are a consequence of our sins not his hate for us.

I can't say that this makes any more sense than the Alien-Jesus hypothesis.
Well, Giorgio Tsuokolos tends to think that Merlin was an ancient alien, so why not Jesus? Tongue

(I in no way endorse what that nut job has to say about anything.)
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]