Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel lobby is it ethical
Israel lobby is it ethical
what are your thoughts on a foreign nation lobbying in the us?????
RE: Israel lobby is it ethical
The lobby is not of a foreign nation, it is a lobby of pro-Israel American citizens.

Frankly I'm not a fan of any lobbies. I'd like to do away with all of them.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(March 15, 2014 at 11:03 pm)Rahul Wrote: The lobby is not of a foreign nation, it is a lobby of pro-Israel American citizens.

right but that lobby pushes policies that benefit a foreign nation
Like I said, I'm not a fan of any lobby. But the pro-israel one is pretty far down on my list who I would like to tell to fuck off.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Pat Buchanan once called the US Congress the "Israeli-occupied zone." Might be the only time in his life that Buchanan was right.
(March 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 11:03 pm)Rahul Wrote: The lobby is not of a foreign nation, it is a lobby of pro-Israel American citizens.

right but that lobby pushes policies that benefit a foreign nation

Every lobby pushes policies that benefits their donors. That applies whether their donors are other nations or international corporations with very little vested inerest in the stability of the US government. Just the nature of the beast.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Thinking
(March 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: right but that lobby pushes policies that benefit a foreign nation

Every lobby pushes policies that benefits their donors. That applies whether their donors are other nations or international corporations with very little vested inerest in the stability of the US government. Just the nature of the beast.
yes i agree with you but the other lobbies are domestic lobbies

(March 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: Thinking
(March 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Every lobby pushes policies that benefits their donors. That applies whether their donors are other nations or international corporations with very little vested inerest in the stability of the US government. Just the nature of the beast.
and some jewish people from israel, former politicians. And others involved with the lobby have given testimony that the israel lobby is of no benifit to the united states
(March 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: Thinking
(March 15, 2014 at 11:13 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Every lobby pushes policies that benefits their donors. That applies whether their donors are other nations or international corporations with very little vested inerest in the stability of the US government. Just the nature of the beast.

and some jewish people from israel, former politicians. And others involved with the lobby have given testimony that the israel lobby is of no benifit to the united states

1) You're doing that multi-quote thing again. Stop it.

2) Just because a lobby is domestic doesn't mean they have the best interests of the US at heart. In fact, I'd dare to say with what kind of damage the NRA is doing to us socio-politically, they're far more damaging than any Isreal lobby whether they're domestic or not.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(March 16, 2014 at 9:31 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(March 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm)jimmyk2190 Wrote: Thinkingyes i agree with you but the other lobbies are domestic lobbies

1) You're doing that multi-quote thing again. Stop it.

2) Just because a lobby is domestic doesn't mean they have the best interests of the US at heart. In fact, I'd dare to say with what kind of damage the NRA is doing to us socio-politically, they're far more damaging than any Isreal lobby whether they're domestic or not.
ok but hasent the us gone into the middle east partly to protect israel??

(March 16, 2014 at 9:39 am)jimmyk2190 Wrote:
(March 16, 2014 at 9:31 am)TaraJo Wrote: 1) You're doing that multi-quote thing again. Stop it.

the us congress votes on whether or not to go to war and the israel lobby has a great deal on influence in congress
(March 16, 2014 at 9:39 am)jimmyk2190 Wrote:
(March 16, 2014 at 9:31 am)TaraJo Wrote: 1) You're doing that multi-quote thing again. Stop it.

the us congress votes on whether or not to go to war and the israel lobby has a great deal on influence in congress

Yep. That's kinda how lobbying works. We invaded Iraq at the request of oil companies lobbying, we imprison a huge number of our people at the request of lobbying from private prisons, we cut taxes on corporations to insanely low levels at the request of the Koch brothers and we maintain much more military than we need because of lobbying from defense contractors. We allow mentally disturbed people easy access to high power weapons because of lobbying from the NRA. They speak out for the benefit of their group; all of them. Just because the group in question happens to be a foreign nation doesn't make them any better than domestic entities.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One of the most Ethical (and most lied about) political leader Foxaèr 55 5490 July 31, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Missouri Woman Plans to Shove Hobby Lobby Decision Minimalist 4 1182 April 30, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Israel-Palestine conflict nintendo048 4 1587 March 19, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: nintendo048
  Israel Never Did a Thing to the Arabs EgoRaptor 164 27002 January 21, 2014 at 6:38 am
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Why Iran is hostile Israel and America? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 18 4239 December 24, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Anti-German Essay on Israel EgoRaptor 7 2381 December 17, 2013 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  The Case for Israel EgoRaptor 0 896 December 13, 2013 at 12:24 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  "Black people blood" isn't accepted in Israel. I and I 19 5841 December 12, 2013 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Israel launched an airstrike, Friday night cratehorus 1 1578 May 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  US support of segregation and discrimination in Israel A_Nony_Mouse 0 1113 April 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse