Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 virgins
17 virgins
So you get 17 virgins in heaven if you have been a good muslim.

What the hell are you going to do with 17 virgins?

I can hear all you dudes now, "Fu*K 'em!"

Yeah yeah. Have you ever had a sexual expiriance with a virgin involved? I have. The virgin was me.

And I was terrible!

I don't know about all of you, but I much rather have 17 sexually experianced women.

Experianced bi-sexual women.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: 17 virgins
I thought it was 71?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
72 actually.
(December 10, 2009 at 9:29 am)Dotard Wrote: So you get 17 virgins in heaven if you have been a good muslim.

What the hell are you going to do with 17 virgins?

I can hear all you dudes now, "Fu*K 'em!"

Yeah yeah. Have you ever had a sexual expiriance with a virgin involved? I have. The virgin was me.

And I was terrible!

I don't know about all of you, but I much rather have 17 sexually experianced women.

Experianced bi-sexual women.

I wonder if that means you only get to have them once each?
I know that in the Islam it's stressed that woman have to be a virgin or they're unclean, dirty. There's such a stigma on virginity that I imagine people fool (And I use the term loosely) themselves into being attracted to it. So, essentially they don't know any better and accept it as normal and desirable.

If a woman doesn't bleed on her wedding day she could be kill, which is a horrible standard considering not all women will even if they are virgins.

Kinda like circumcision. Sex is actually better which a non-circumcised penis but the stigma on getting your son circumcised in religion has made society accept it as a norm and a desirable aspect of how men should be.

I find the notion atrocious and repulsive in both cases.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(December 10, 2009 at 9:31 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: I thought it was 71?

Number vary per explanation but 72 is the most common. It is actually not supported in the Qur'an, but the number comes from the Hadith. The Qur'an says "Verily, for the Muttaqun [righteous], there will be a success (paradise); gardens and grapeyards; and young full-breasted (mature) maidens of equal age; and a full cup (of wine)" (An-Naba 78:31-34)".

In the Hadith in the collection commonly referred to as the Sunan al-Tirmidhi says, "The least [reward] for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby." (Hadith number 2,562)

Combine the two, and presto, 72 virgins.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hassan I. Sabbah had a better idea. He would get his prospective assasins to believe in paradise by actually creating it on earth. He would get them hopped up on hash then transport them into a lovely garden where they would be served by virgins he placed in the garden.

Quote:But the twist of the assassins was that they drugged the person to simulate a "dying" to later have them awaken in a garden flowing with wine and served a sumptuous feast by virgins. The supplicant was then convinced he was in Heaven and that the cult's leader, Hassan-i-Sabah, was a representative of the divinity and that all of his orders should be followed, even unto death. This legend derives from Marco Polo, who visited Alamut after it fell to the Mongols in the thirteenth century.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Assassins

Rhizo
(December 10, 2009 at 9:44 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: I know that in the Islam it's stressed that woman have to be a virgin or they're unclean, dirty. There's such a stigma on virginity that I imagine people fool (And I use the term loosely) themselves into being attracted to it. So, essentially they don't know any better and accept it as normal and desirable.

If a woman doesn't bleed on her wedding day she could be kill, which is a horrible standard considering not all women will even if they are virgins.

Kinda like circumcision. Sex is actually better which a non-circumcised penis but the stigma on getting your son circumcised in religion has made society accept it as a norm and a desirable aspect of how men should be.

I find the notion atrocious and repulsive in both cases.

+1 bottom line I guess some guys will do anything for a virgin Naughty
I was a virgin once. Loosing it wasn't that much fun. I'm surprised I ever had sex again.
binnyCoffee
(December 10, 2009 at 11:51 am)binny Wrote: I was a virgin once. Loosing it wasn't that much fun. I'm surprised I ever had sex again.

Can't have been any less fun than this one time where I didn't lose it.
(December 10, 2009 at 12:08 pm)LukeMC Wrote:
(December 10, 2009 at 11:51 am)binny Wrote: I was a virgin once. Loosing it wasn't that much fun. I'm surprised I ever had sex again.

Can't have been any less fun than this one time where I didn't lose it.

Know what you mean Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  72 virgins Leon92 15 937 August 16, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where Will All Those Virgins Come From? Rhondazvous 27 4618 November 15, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  72 virgins Captain Scarlet 14 5330 August 23, 2010 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Thor