Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you join this forum?
Why did you join this forum?
I'm still in the process of figuring out why I'm here.

What motivated you to join?

I spent the day in contemplation yesterday and it dawned on me that it isn't good etiquette to become a new member of a forum, introduce myself, and immediately begin to talk about eating excrement and doing dead people. Sorry!

The Mods here are Saints. I'm gonna try to clean things up and become a normal member of Atheistforums. It won't happen over night. You'll see improvement though.
RE: Why did you join this forum?
I felt like joining to vent some frustrations about christianity, and talk to like minded people. This was the first one I found, since I just types Atheist Forums in the search box. I didn't actually expect a forum named Atheist Forums.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 17, 2014 at 12:49 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I'm still in the process of figuring out why I'm here.

I spent the day in contemplation yesterday and it dawned on me that it isn't good etiquette to become a new member of a forum, introduce myself, and immediately begin to talk about eating excrement and doing dead people. Sorry!

The Mods here are Saints. I'm gonna try to clean things up and become a normal member of Atheistforums. It won't happen over night. You'll see improvement though.

To argue with lots of muslims about the quran.

There's only 1 muslim Rayaan here now and he only briefly interjects things randomly here and there into a few threads and doesn't really debate too much.

I didn't notice you spoke about excrement and dead people but I think you should carry on talking about whatever you enjoy talking about.

Also I'd say anyone who came here to argue with christians you're already beating a dead horse, I don't think even many christians alive today believe in the bible and those who do are considered outcasts and crazy.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(March 17, 2014 at 1:02 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 17, 2014 at 12:49 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I'm still in the process of figuring out why I'm here.

I didn't notice you spoke about excrement and dead people but I think you should carry on talking about whatever you enjoy talking about.

Thank you! It does get me out of my depression to talk about my interests but it is offending people
I joined because the old atheists.com forum I was on went defunct.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 17, 2014 at 1:03 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 17, 2014 at 1:02 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I didn't notice you spoke about excrement and dead people but I think you should carry on talking about whatever you enjoy talking about.

Thank you! It does get me out of my depression to talk about my interests but it is offending people

I hear there is a designated section of the forum where we can ask questions about what is appropriate. Where is that located. Please and thank you!
We have this forum and the PM inboxes of the staff are also available, in case you have some questions you want to ask in private

I joined one day because I was home alone and bored. I signed up for the very first atheist forums I found, jumped in and boy, was that a good decision! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

So far it's the best forum I've been to. Thx 4 the link!
I joined just because.
I joined because the sci-fi forum I had run for years had just fallen over and I needed to get a sense of an online community and since I'm an atheist I lurked here for a while and liked what I saw.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1082 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know? Ryn 2 320 July 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: weaponoffreedom
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 712 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What Hobbies Did You Have As A Kid? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 2264 November 11, 2021 at 7:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  What did you learn to do because of the pandemic? arewethereyet 31 2123 June 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2124 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Did you "spring forward"? Gawdzilla Sama 44 2772 November 5, 2018 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I did it and you should too. Brian37 41 4045 August 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 8877 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Did You Know.......? chimp3 41 2672 February 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: chimp3