Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars
Mars
I've just been out walking the dog and saw Mars was next to the moon. It looked pretty cool so I thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested and fancied a look. It's the red "star" next to the moon, you can't miss it.

I would get my scope out but it's bound to go cloudy if I do and it takes ages to set up.
RE: Mars
Indeed, Mars is showing very well just at the moment. Shame about the cloud cover where I am though. The best free light show on the planet and God doesn't want me to see it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think it's in conjunction with the moon tomorrow, and saturn and the moon are in conjunction on the 21st. They should be worth checking out if god decides to play ball.
Re: Mars
I'm hoping for some clear nights this weekend to image it. I managed an average image last time it was visible, but I've bought a new Barlow since so should be able to get more detail this time.
It's always clear here.... but the sun is still up. I'll check it out later.
Ah, the ultimate in light pollution eh?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Sun just went down. No moon in sight.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
[Image: amtrak-mooning-2008-0371.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mars, (space) pictures ignoramus 8 1516 March 22, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Joods
Exclamation Have you heard about the Mars One project? shadowninjax 41 11127 September 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Mac Arthur