Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Has anyone here ever participated in this program before? I have an interview tomorrow to become a Big Sister, and I'm a bit nervous. I've watched some videos, but I feel like....I dunno, that I'm diving into the deep end. I don't have any children of my own. Hell, I don't even really have friends. I just wanted to do this to, you know, reach out. Anyone have any experience? Advice?
[Image: ferns500x125_zps9511e564.jpg]
RE: Big Brothers Big Sisters
1. Be cheerful

2. LISTEN and support

3. Find out their interests

4. Be firm (be friends with a kid doesn't make you their door mat remember u still want them to respect u)

5. Take them places that r fun but educational
I think I was signed up for that back in my 80's childhood, but no one ever responded to my request, perhaps? I'll need to pick my mother's brain about that.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 18, 2014 at 11:37 pm)c172 Wrote: I think I was signed up for that back in my 80's childhood, but no one ever responded to my request, perhaps? I'll need to pick my mother's brain about that.

I hear in some places there are long wait lists for children and not enough volunteers.
[Image: ferns500x125_zps9511e564.jpg]