Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GODZILLA
GODZILLA

I want to watch it NOW
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: GODZILLA
Yeah, looking forward to being 9 years old again. This one looks much more like the original does than that mess they made in 1998, including the origin (though the trailer implies that the atomic tests in the pacific in the 50s were not what awoke the creature, but attempts to kill it).

If they can shoehorn Megalon in there somehow, my life would be complete.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm not a fan of most new films but I'm going to watch this simply because the director comes from the same town as me and (apparently) used to live round the corner.
(March 19, 2014 at 6:54 am)jesus_wept Wrote: I'm not a fan of most new films but I'm going to watch this simply because the director comes from the same town as me and (apparently) used to live round the corner.

I've seen his only other film: he's not someone you should be proud of. Tongue

This movie looks really good, but I'm worried because Monsters, the one he did before this, was a pretentious piece of garbage that tricked me into thinking it might be good before it came out. I love Godzilla so I'll still be seeing this one, but they really did take the greatest possible risk of fucking up on the direction with this guy.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 19, 2014 at 6:57 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 19, 2014 at 6:54 am)jesus_wept Wrote: I'm not a fan of most new films but I'm going to watch this simply because the director comes from the same town as me and (apparently) used to live round the corner.

I've seen his only other film: he's not someone you should be proud of. Tongue

This movie looks really good, but I'm worried because Monsters, the one he did before this, was a pretentious piece of garbage that tricked me into thinking it might be good before it came out. I love Godzilla so I'll still be seeing this one, but they really did take the greatest possible risk of fucking up on the direction with this guy.

I've not seen Monsters, tbh I'd not even heard of the director until the other week but at least we still have George Elliot and Ken Loach if he does turn out to be a dud. Although I'm not entirely convinced they're anything to be proud of either.
Is Godzilla going to emerge from the Fukashima nuclear plant disaster? It makes perfect sense. Think about it.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
All I know is if I see a zipper on that thing's back, I'm outta there.
I've never understood the hype with godzilla or oversized monsters but after seeing the two trailers for this new one, dayum, looks fucking incredible.
So dope, can't wait for this.

I'm also a huge Godzilla fan though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla Short Animation Mechaghostman2 1 418 January 3, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Saw Godzilla tonight. It was... (SPOILER) Mudhammam 29 5231 May 27, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Bittersmart