Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randa Jarrar is a hypocritical cunt
Randa Jarrar is a hypocritical cunt
To understand my frustration, you have to read through these piles of shit, I'm sorry for that.

Why I can't stand white belly dancers

I still can’t stand white belly dancers

She takes the hypocrisy award for the beginning of the year, what a vile woman! Since when did it become impossible for women, who aren't caucasian, to be racist? Jarrar claims that she isn't, when her writings prove the opposite. Imagine if a white woman (Loki forbid, man!) would have written these pieces about something "exclusively meant for white people". Yeah, the shitstorm would have been massive. I find this both amusing and infuriating.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Randa Jarrar is a hypocritical cunt
"It's Arab face"....

White women "playing at browness"....

WTF. Because they enjoy belly dancing.

Well, shit, god forbid any one enjoy something from another person's culture. Especially if they aren't a self-righteous expert on it.

Wait, wait, just read the second article.

Quote:”You’re a racist!” Please, save us both time, watch this, and learn how that’s not possible.

Apparently, it is IMPOSSIBLE for this woman to ever be a racist. Can't happen. If you think otherwise, you're just wrong. Huh.

Quote:What I’m asking is, when you are part of the dominant culture and live in a country that subsidizes the theft of land and resources from Arab people; in a country that supports and financially aids Arab governments that silence and even imprison democratic protesters; in a country where kids don’t feel safe telling schoolmates that they’re Arab-American – maybe think twice before you put on some genie pants and kohl and call yourself Samirah Layali?

Wait. Is she saying that because our government is at war in the Middle East, a handful of white women (who don't have anything to do with that) can't belly dance because it just makes her feel bad? *rolls eyes*
[Image: ferns500x125_zps9511e564.jpg]
And I just looove her witty word 'whitesplanation', because that isn't racist at all either. Someone has to put those pesky caucasians in their place, because all whiteys are soooo privileged. Fucking moron..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I got a chuckle out of the beginning of the second article, which can be summarized as "some truly awful people didn't like my previous article, but lots of nice people wrote in support."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm)Tonus Wrote: I got a chuckle out of the beginning of the second article, which can be summarized as "some truly awful people didn't like my previous article, but lots of nice people wrote in support."

Yeah, and oddly enough all the nice were Arabs. Go figure.

My mum used to belly dance........yes it is wrong.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: To understand my frustration, you have to read through these piles of shit, I'm sorry for that.

Why I can't stand white belly dancers

I still can’t stand white belly dancers

She takes the hypocrisy award for the beginning of the year, what a vile woman! Since when did it become impossible for women, who aren't caucasian, to be racist? Jarrar claims that she isn't, when her writings prove the opposite. Imagine if a white woman (Loki forbid, man!) would have written these pieces about something "exclusively meant for white people". Yeah, the shitstorm would have been massive. I find this both amusing and infuriating.

Honey I don't think that's what she meant. As a brown woman I can I say it's not cultrual melting that most people have a problem with. It's the light fingered privileged way it's done. Like when white teenagers lock their hair, wear sag their pants, and listen to too much rap.
(March 19, 2014 at 3:38 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Honey I don't think that's what she meant. As a brown woman I can I say it's not cultrual melting that most people have a problem with. It's the light fingered privileged way it's done. Like when white teenagers lock their hair, wear sag their pants, and listen to too much rap.

Oh no, don't you talk about privilege with me! Firstly, as I said, just because you're caucasian doesn't mean that you're automatically privileged. Secondly, if I had the audacity to tell you that you shouldn't have tried to play the violin because "it's only a thing for white europeans", I would get lynched (and with good reason). Thirdly, I could perhaps have understood her, if she had included all other non-Arabs too, but she felt the need to just pick on a particular demography instead. It's not a "white privilege" to be racist, and Jarrar proves that point just fine. Fourthly, this kind of shit is what gives racism it's power, the we vs. them mentality. Feeling the need to pick on a certain demography and then have the audacity to call oneself feminist (in the equality for all sense) and say that "I'm entitled to my opinion because I'm Arab", "I can't be racist" and "white folks are by default in the wrong, because they're white", just busts my irony meter. Fifthly, if you honestly feel like white kids aren't allowed to lock their hair, well let me tell you what. You cannot dance salsa, because you're not Latina. You cannot practice Tae Kwon Do, because you're not Korean. You have no right to straighten your hair, because Asians and Caucasians might take offence and say that you've stepped over your cultural boundaries. Oh, and better leave those bagels be, since you're not Jewish. Sixthly, if you belong to what you feel like is a misrepresented and misunderstood demography, alienating and trying to ridicule people, who have taken an interest in something that originally stemmed from your culture, you're going about it the wrong way.

Yeah... this woman is a (I don't use either of these words often) racist cunt.
Only white people can be racist
only men can be sexist

common 'ideas' in the bowels of the internet (like salon), and certain university faculty lounges/guild play rooms =P

So I can't dread my hair like my celtic or viking ancestors? OPPRESSOR!!!!!!
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And Aren't You a Shallow Cunt! Minimalist 14 2508 October 11, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist