Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do religions not have share holders?
Why do religions not have share holders?
Considering that religions are nothing else but theological corporation with massive profits why is it they have not acquired share holders or been placed on the Forbes list of the World's 500 largest corporations? It would only seem logical for me since these divine conglomerates are rich enough to buy out Google that they should be handled more carefully. Why is it that Catholicism of all companies is not mandated to provide a form for it's fiscal year? Islam of all religions has gotten away with 'murder' and has never released its total economic assets since 622 AD.

How can we let divine companies run a muck? Why do they not open their doors and permit share buying?
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
RE: Why do religions not have share holders?
(March 19, 2014 at 2:11 pm)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: How can we let divine companies run a muck?
Running "a muck" is a pretty good description of many religions.

If religious organizations had to make their finances public it would certainly make for some interesting reading, if only to see how wealthy they are or aren't. Aside from curiosity I would be fairly apathetic; they're not selling anything that we require, and it's up to you to decide to buy the product or not.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Why do religions not have share holders?
Because the evil atheist Bill Gates would step in and buy them all, and that would be the end of religion as we know it Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1844 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2770 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3482 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11125 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10856 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12858 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 600 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Share your worldview? psalm531 99 7867 February 13, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11089 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII