Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Informing people there is no god.
Informing people there is no god.
I had a funny thing today. I asked bunch of people if they believe in god and if they said yes I said "There is no God you can stop now".
5 people deconverted so far.
RE: Informing people there is no god.
(March 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm)tor Wrote: I had a funny thing today. I asked bunch of people if they believe in god and if they said yes I said "There is no God you can stop now".
5 people deconverted so far.

[Image: 1324dfd733535e58dba70264e6d05c9b70346204...746d1c.jpg]
I have about 98% deconversion rate with this method. I counted just now.
I've never stated categorically that there are no gods.

I also don't see it as my job to deconvert people.

I won't hide the fact that I'm an atheists, however, and I'll argue with people about religion until I'm blue in the face.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 19, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Beccs Wrote: I've never stated categorically that there are no gods.

I also don't see it as my job to deconvert people.

I won't hide the fact that I'm an atheists, however, and I'll argue with people about religion until I'm blue in the face.

I say there are no gods because I find them no different from teenage mutant ninja turtles when it comes to existence. When they try to point out the difference between the 2 I address those differences and then they admit that god is just a character made up in imagination with zero evidence just like teenage mutant ninja turtles.
I'm not gonna bother disproving god just like I wouldn't bother disproving turtles or narnia.
(March 19, 2014 at 3:43 pm)tor Wrote: I say there are no gods because I find them no different from teenage mutant ninja turtles when it comes to existence

You did know that you're not meant to be able to prove gods right? It's kinda in the description. Not that I want to stop you making an ass of yourself. I believe everyone should have that right.
(March 19, 2014 at 4:29 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(March 19, 2014 at 3:43 pm)tor Wrote: I say there are no gods because I find them no different from teenage mutant ninja turtles when it comes to existence

You did know that you're not meant to be able to prove gods right? It's kinda in the description. Not that I want to stop you making an ass of yourself. I believe everyone should have that right.

Which is why it fails so much. Thank you frodo for clarification Wink Shades
When I see a particularly annoying Facebook post, like "I have an exam tomorrow. Pray for me!" That's when I post a comment that says simply, "God does not exist. Your success will be determined by how well you studied." Then they post something like, "I believe in God," and I'm like, "..."
Not sure if serious. Big Grin

I don't tell anyone "what" to believe. Think they just gotta figure it out on their own.
(March 19, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Not sure if serious. Big Grin

I don't tell anyone "what" to believe. Think they just gotta figure it out on their own.

I just tell them the truth. I don't give a shit if they accept it or not. I just know that many people believe in god so maybe they should be informed.
God doesn't exist fuck it I'm atheist anti-theist now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1945 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1459 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does some people need God? purplepurpose 29 3097 January 17, 2021 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3014 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 42959 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 30071 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Informing aging relatives of your Atheism Bahana 7 1255 October 7, 2018 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Bahana
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16438 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  "There is a god because e = mc²" bheath 58 10366 February 24, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: bheath
  why are people believing in god again?? Rextos 8 2367 January 12, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: TrueChristian