Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Up With TTA?
What's Up With TTA?
I keep getting this error message.... been going on for a few days but today it is constant.

Quote:Error 522 Ray ID: 10e468404b750076
Connection timed out
You
Browser
Working
Los Angeles
CloudFlare
Working
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com
Host
Error

They have lots of cute graphics to show where things are breaking down but I figured this was enough to ask the question.
RE: What's Up With TTA?
Works for me.
(March 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I keep getting this error message.... been going on for a few days but today it is constant.

TTA has been under attack for nearly a week now. I don't have specifics and to be honest I don't know the difference between DDoS and DogDoo, but it is deliberate.

I'm unable to log on as well.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[Image: evil-cat-meme-generator-i-did-hack-ur-co...39609b.jpg]
(March 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I keep getting this error message.... been going on for a few days but today it is constant.

Quote:Error 522 Ray ID: 10e468404b750076
Connection timed out
You
Browser
Working
Los Angeles
CloudFlare
Working
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com
Host
Error

They have lots of cute graphics to show where things are breaking down but I figured this was enough to ask the question.

An ongoing denial of service attack from some pissed off goober. The dude who maintains the forum is using a service from CloudFlare to rectify it but when the attack is underway the whole site is affected.
I am like God and God like me.
I am as Large as God, He is as small as I.
He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be. - Angelus Silesius

"From each according to their motherfucking ability bitches and to each according to their goddam need fuckers. Which part of The Word you fuckers don't get?" - Jesus
I got that too earlier - it's up now.
Still something odd about it this morning. I click on it not even logged in, and a message pops up about "checking my browser?"
(March 21, 2014 at 9:28 am)Deidre32 Wrote: Still something odd about it this morning. I click on it not even logged in, and a message pops up about "checking my browser?"

I believe that's a check that the CloudFlare service uses to protect against denial of service attacks.
(March 21, 2014 at 1:13 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 21, 2014 at 9:28 am)Deidre32 Wrote: Still something odd about it this morning. I click on it not even logged in, and a message pops up about "checking my browser?"

I believe that's a check that the CloudFlare service uses to protect against denial of service attacks.

Ok thanks, why doesn't it pop up when we visit here/this site?
TTA is always going down. I rarely go there because it's a pain in the ass trying to log on.