Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there a such thing as healthy religious beliefs
is there a such thing as healthy religious beliefs
Please give a description of what ur idea of healthy religious beliefs/practices are
RE: is there a such thing as healthy religious beliefs
(March 21, 2014 at 9:05 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Please give a description of what ur idea of healthy religious beliefs/practices are

How bout this one?

Worship the Mods aka Gods Angel Cloud

Now, if I do say so myself, in a position of authority I'd get bored if no one broke the rules. Wink
(March 21, 2014 at 9:05 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Please give a description of what ur idea of healthy religious beliefs/practices are

I worship carefully calibrated and considered skepticism religiously.
(March 21, 2014 at 12:51 pm)Chuck Wrote:

I worship carefully calibrated and considered skepticism religiously.

You should get a medal for that!
If Christians actually followed what Jesus said in the bible, like helping the poor instead of amassing wealth, living in peace, and forgiving people, and loving everyone as they love themselves, that would be healthy and I'd have more respect for Christianity. Unfortunately all that often gets swept aside in favor of greed, bigotry, and intolerance.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 21, 2014 at 12:56 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: If Christians actually followed what Jesus said in the bible, like helping the poor instead of amassing wealth, living in peace, and forgiving people, and loving everyone as they love themselves, that would be healthy

Let's not confuse the ideal aesthetic appeal of a belief with whether it is healthy. Such an idealized version of christianity would not be very healthy for its own followers. It would contribut much to their being massacred, enslaved, or forceably converted, by the historic version of christainity, unless the idealized version were to make a mockery of itself by forcebly suppressing the rise of the many possible equivalents of the historic version of christianity.

What seems good is not good if it does not help itself prosper in the real world.
I think it's healthy to not have any religious beliefs. Does that count?
That's MISTER Godless Vegetarian Tree Hugging Hippie Liberal to you.
Tell me what is religious belief first then I tell you.
Depends what you mean by healthy. Personally I don't think believing in things without evidence is a particularly clever thing to do. Does that make it unhealthy? I don't know.
Also depends a lot on beliefs. Is it healthy to throw babies in the fire?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 355 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1546 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 847 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions. Brian37 14 1203 September 1, 2021 at 5:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15653 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3017 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14314 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3727 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 7050 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27698 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1