Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Not Dead movie
God's Not Dead movie
One of my best friends is basically begging me to watch this new movie. I told him I would, just to please him.

I'm going to take notes, and tear it to shreds. I'll spot every fallacious argument, every straw man, every non sequitur. I told him I'm gonna go full Hitchens mode. I've heard it all and I'm quite confident I can pwn this movie.

Have any of you seen it? Does it have any actual new/decent apologetics? Anything at all thought provoking?
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
RE: God's Not Dead movie
Is that the one with Kevin Sorbo?

If it is, someone posted the preview here, and from the looks of it, nothing really needs to be said to demolish it. It speaks for itself.

ETA: Yup, that's the one...

It's not even worth paying attention to. It's laughable. Although, you could judge the validity of your friend's beliefs by how taken he is with their bullshit.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I can't tell if the title of the movie is serious or if the entire movie is an example of trolling IRL.
No, it has NOTHING thought-provoking, it is basically based on those bullshit "Atheist Professor" emails and bullshit about how a philosophy professor, who is an atheist, behaves. Not once have I had a philosophy professor starts any class, on any topic in the field, with the vacuous claim that "we will bypass all senseless debate altogether", or be so retarded as to tell a philosophy 101 student that if he won't be an atheist, he will force him into a debate wherein he is beaten by said student.

I cannot believe the brain-dead idiots who produced this movie did so, and I will be annoyed to no end by the morons who think this movie even remotely resembles anything that ever happened in history.

Yes, this movie pisses me off... :l
Oh, man. That reminds me of my Contemporary Moral Issues philosophy class, where in every SINGLE discussion about moral issues, someone would inevitably say, "Well, as a Christian, I believe X" And my professor would try to explain why that had no relevance to moral philosophy whatsoever.

One time, after class, I came out to him as an atheist, and you could see the relief in his face. Soon after that, I found out that he was an atheist who moved here from New York, and he was getting run down by all the religious stupidity he was seeing in the South.

I love philosophy professors. We have this one at my school that is from Sweden and he is such a funny, skinny dude. You can sometimes see him translating ideas in his head from Swedish to Southern English in real time.

But I don't know if they're better than anthropology professors. Anthropology professors are so hilariously socially inept and their offices are just horrible messes. And one at my school looks exactly like Professor Trelawny in the Harry Potter movies, and is just as... wide-eyed, dazed, and out there. I think she's a former hippie and she may have done too many drugs while she was an undergrad.
As an Atheist I can say with the utmost certainty that God is not dead.
He isn't alive either Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Also hilarious, a little over the top, but still funny in that lowbrow kind of way Big Grin

[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I remember watching the trailer to it full blast on my speakers to the bewilderment of my neighbors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rcent Christian Movie Ratings TheJefe817 9 771 April 23, 2023 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1623 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23348 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Another retarded religious movie. Foxaèr 7 1089 June 16, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1476 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  God is Dead 2 Nihilist Virus 10 2035 May 23, 2016 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Do You Believe (the movie) watchamadoodle 13 2618 April 12, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten. Ryantology 15 4501 May 28, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Anyone seen this movie "Red State" yet? (Yuck.) Whateverist 7 2835 February 27, 2014 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Chad32
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12241 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook