Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution gone wrong...
Evolution gone wrong...
I've always been in awe of complex life and evolution but sometimes it can go horribly wrong:

Brussel sprouts...Now just where the hell did these vile, disgusting, horrible, foul, appaling green balls of sulphurous evil come from? Just writing about them leaves a bitter taste in my mouth! Seriously, how could evolution through natural selection ever have gone this wrong? I have a few theories and I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help me clear this up once and for all.

1: God created brussel sprout the same day he created hell (he was in a evil and twisted mood after all). Brussel sprouts were put on earth as a reminder of what is in store for all of us if we ended up in hell.

2: Due to the foul, horrible taste of brussel sprouts it was able to evolve freely without any competition.

3: Could there be a third (or even fourth) option?

Coming to think of it, brussel sprouts might be the main reason why I am an atheist. I mean, why would a supposingly all-loving God create something as vile and evil as brussel sprouts? This is a clear sign that God doesn't love us and also clearly shows why he can't exist due to the logical contradictions!

What do you reckon?
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
RE: Evolution gone wrong...
Brussel Sprouts are the best food ever - we simply evolved a really poor sense of taste.
I agree with you craveman, brussel sprouts are vile, disgusting, horrible, and foul. And spinage to Confused

For the early years of my life I hated them, and my mum insisted that I eat them and like them at that.

Know that I am an adult I actually like them. Sometimes seasoning them or cooking them a different way will produce a different taste.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
(December 14, 2009 at 5:20 pm)Amphora Wrote: I agree with you craveman, brussel sprouts are vile, disgusting, horrible, and foul. And spinage to Confused

For the early years of my life I hated them, and my mum insisted that I eat them and like them at that.

Know that I am an adult I actually like them. Sometimes seasoning them or cooking them a different way will produce a different taste.

They're only worth eating steamed or braised/slow fried imo, roasting and grilling them brings out a nasty taste. Always need a little butter and salt on them.
I've never eaten them. I should try this food of the devil.
binnyCoffee
I never touch the stuff. That and Belgian Endive are firmly on the top of my food to hate list.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(December 14, 2009 at 7:10 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I never touch the stuff. That and Belgian Endive are firmly on the top of my food to hate list.

You need to try my recipe Tongue

Heat a tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter until it starts to foam
Cut 20 brussel sprouts in long slices and place in the pan for 5-10 mins
Throw in a few cloves of crushed garlic, sage, salt and pepper and 1/4 finely chopped red onion and cook for another 5
Top with parmesan cheese.

It's also good with some spinach leaves and smokey bacon.
Brussel sprouts are man made by selection and would never develop naturally, just like nearly all common vegetables.
(December 14, 2009 at 7:30 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Brussel sprouts are man made by selection and would never develop naturally, just like nearly all common vegetables.

Yep, they're actually mutant cabages and not sprouts at all.
I eat ONE brussel sprout,once a year to be polite. My sister in law always does some with Xmas lunch.

I force myself to eat broccoli (but never cauliflower) as it's very good for you.Same for very finely shredded cabbage, as coleslaw,smothered in mayo and other things to disguise the taste. I like sauerkraut.(especially with pastrami) I like spinach but not silver beet. Also like some of the Asian green leafy vegetables such as bok choy and pak choy.

My staple veg: onions,spuds, carrots,peas, capsicum, (bell pepper) spinach, sweet potato, pumpkin (plus fresh large chilli,garlic and ginger)---and whatever fruit and vegetables are in season. Right now it's cherries and strawberries with tomatoes just starting, and bananas are down to about $3kg (about $1.45 lb)

I steam almost all of my vegetables in my handiest kitchen gadget; a 3 tiered electric steamer. (about $50 from say Walmart)

I actually like iceberg lettuce. Terrific if you peel off a leaf,making a cup,and bung him some chilli con carne, roll up and eat. Works with all kinds of hot food,spicy or not.

The person who conned people into believing rocket is food should be killed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 6980 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Argument from "You did it wrong" zipperpull 13 1960 May 23, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Using the word "believe" wrong... maestroanth 8 2045 June 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: SteveII
  Responding to "Homosexuality is wrong, the same way incest is wrong" JewishAthiest 106 25321 February 9, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Where have all the trolls gone? JesusHChrist 20 3396 October 23, 2015 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Some theists are just to far gone dyresand 36 7461 June 7, 2015 at 11:35 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Please correct me where I am wrong Won2blv 35 6717 May 21, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Atheists only vote please: Do absolute MORAL truths exist? Is Rape ALWAYS "wrong"? Tsun Tsu 326 64696 February 25, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Argument of first world problems - WRONG! Dystopia 28 7857 January 18, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  [Video] What if I'm wrong about a intelligent designer? Secular Atheist 1 1200 September 28, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: ShaMan