Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pax Vobis!
Pax Vobis!
So feel free in this thread to assist me in discerning whether or not I'm a worthless douchebag who has nothing meaningful to offer this website or society.

Being the dumbfounded dipshit that I am I embrace Religion as you can see. This is because I am an imbecile who's life is unmanageable and to avoid blowing my brains out I keep telling myself that there are Angels, Saints, and God who is looking out for me. As a child this is okay but when you're my age it is called insanity.

I believe in God despite my conviction that he's a dishonest asshole.

Now if God were actually faithful to His word and willing to speak up and perfect and all knowing as he is protrayed by us self-Rightous Pious Cunts who blindly place our trust in the tender providence that always fails because of the big cocksucker upstairs who doesn't give a shit....
....Would you follow such a God were he to answer your questions and did indeed know what's best for you; even if it wasn't what you had in mind? Would you do His will if you had ample evidence that He gave a shit about you and mankind as a whole...

..even if he/she asked you to sacrifice your comfort, time, talent, finances, and reputation for the good of your fellow men/women and the world in general would you do it?

Also, if you once were catshit Religious and converted to Atheism, do you have more peace, hope, and joy now that you have no more faith and embraced the reality that you are an ape who will simply decompose in the ground without any reward or consequence for living a good life?
RE: Pax Vobis!
If there exists a god, and he is anything like the god described in the Bible...I don't want to know him.
(March 23, 2014 at 1:53 am)Deidre32 Wrote: If there exists a god, and he is anything like the god described in the Bible...I don't want to know him.

I like the new signature. Either you added color to it or it is the consequence of me using a different computer.

I don't know about the comment "if He's ANYTHING like the God in the BIble." THe GOd in the BIble pisses me off too but He did tell us to love one another, not judge, treat others as we want to be treated, be humble, live simply, don't be selfish, lay down your life for your friends, care for the sick, hungry, and poor etc.

The God from the Bible isn't a total asshole.
(March 23, 2014 at 1:57 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 1:53 am)Deidre32 Wrote: If there exists a god, and he is anything like the god described in the Bible...I don't want to know him.

I like the new signature. Either you added color to it or it is the consequence of me using a different computer.

I don't know about the comment "if He's ANYTHING like the God in the BIble." THe GOd in the BIble pisses me off too but He did tell us to love one another, not judge, treat others as we want to be treated, be humble, live simply, don't be selfish, lay down your life for your friends, care for the sick, hungry, and poor etc.

I love sunflowers and found that one online tonight. lol It almost matches the b/w one I had up, which is cool. Thought my sig could use some color. Smile

Re: your topic. The Bible speaks about positives, sure. It does. But, do we need it? No. Mankind doesn't need religion to ''behave itself.'' That's all religious brainwashing nonsense. It boils down to character and choices. Religion will not make people 'better.' It always will boil down to individual choices that we make in our lives. I have to choose love. I have to choose to help my neighbor. And then you might ask...well, what motivates you? Altruism is a component of evolution. It isn't talked about enough, but it is and even in the animal kingdom, altruism is exhibited. Animals don't pray. They don't follow a deity. The desire for one to sacrifice for the good of the whole, is a component of evolution. Not an invention of religion.

If it were, we would see more Christians stepping up to solve the problems of the world...and we don't. Some do, but considering that it's the dominant religion globally, it doesn't have enough people walking the walk that they supposedly believe.

I sound like a 90 year old cynical woman, maybe. But, that's just how I see it, TC.
(March 23, 2014 at 2:07 am)Deidre32 Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 1:57 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I like the new signature. Either you added color to it or it is the consequence of me using a different computer.

I love sunflowers and found that one online tonight. lol It almost matches the b/w one I had up, which is cool. Thought my sig could use some color. Smile

Re: your topic. The Bible speaks about positives, sure. It does. But, do we need it? No. Mankind doesn't need religion to ''behave itself.'' That's all religious brainwashing nonsense. It boils down to character and choices. Religion will not make people 'better.' It always will boil down to individual choices that we make in our lives. I have to choose love. I have to choose to help my neighbor. And then you might ask...well, what motivates you? Altruism is a component of evolution. It isn't talked about enough, but it is and even in the animal kingdom, altruism is exhibited. Animals don't pray. They don't follow a deity. The desire for one to sacrifice for the good of the whole, is a component of evolution. Not an invention of religion.

If it were, we would see more Christians stepping up to solve the problems of the world...and we don't. Some do, but considering that it's the dominant religion globally, it doesn't have enough people walking the walk that they supposedly believe.

I sound like a 90 year old cynical woman, maybe. But, that's just how I see it, TC.
Do you believe that if you live a good life there may be a reward afterward?
(March 23, 2014 at 2:10 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 2:07 am)Deidre32 Wrote: I love sunflowers and found that one online tonight. lol It almost matches the b/w one I had up, which is cool. Thought my sig could use some color. Smile

Do you believe that if you live a good life there may be a reward afterward?

Let me say something, it isn't for me to sway you from your beliefs. I'm sorry if I ever come across in a way that pushes my own views. Perhaps, I'm still angry after spending a lifetime chasing a fantasy.

To answer your question, maybe there are no rewards, it's just this life is it. Make it count. Make it meaningful. Do good things. Correct yourself. This life is it, and death just means....'the end.'

This life IS the gift. Not another life. THIS LIFE.

If there is another life waiting for us, I guess we will find out. But, I won't live my life, focused on another life. For that cheapens this one.

And as far as hell goes. I don't believe such a place exists. I sometimes do wonder about the vast universe, and after we die...energy doesn't 'die.' It transfers. Think about that. lol
(March 23, 2014 at 2:17 am)Deidre32 Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 2:10 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Do you believe that if you live a good life there may be a reward afterward?

Let me say something, it isn't for me to sway you from your beliefs. I'm sorry if I ever come across in a way that pushes my own views. Perhaps, I'm still angry after spending a lifetime chasing a fantasy.

To answer your question, maybe there are no rewards, it's just this life is it. Make it count. Make it meaningful. Do good things. Correct yourself. This life is it, and death just means....'the end.'

If there is another life waiting for us, I guess we will find out. But, I won't live my life, focused on another life. For that cheapens this one.

And as far as hell goes. I don't believe such a place exists.

I hope you're right!

Nah you're not trying to sway my beliefs. I'm the one asking the annoying questions. Wink

How much of your life did you spend chasing after a fantasy?
(March 23, 2014 at 2:19 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 2:17 am)Deidre32 Wrote: Let me say something, it isn't for me to sway you from your beliefs. I'm sorry if I ever come across in a way that pushes my own views. Perhaps, I'm still angry after spending a lifetime chasing a fantasy.

And as far as hell goes. I don't believe such a place exists.

I hope you're right!

Nah you're not trying to sway my beliefs. I'm the one asking the annoying questions. Wink

Not annoying. It's a site for debate afterall. Big Grin

I spent my whole life, up until about four years ago. I came to realize the Bible wasn't true, and it all unraveled from there. But, it took a long time before I could comfortably view myself as an Atheist. With a capital A. LOL Wink
(March 23, 2014 at 2:28 am)Deidre32 Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 2:19 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I hope you're right!

Not annoying. It's a site for debate afterall. Big Grin

I spent my whole life, up until about four years ago. I came to realize the Bible wasn't true, and it all unraveled from there. But, it took a long time before I could comfortably view myself as an Atheist. With a capital A. LOL Wink

Did many bad examples from fellow "Christians" have a lot to do with abandoning Christianity?

I'm with ya. If God truly loves you why the fuck doesn't he speak up.
(March 23, 2014 at 2:36 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 2:28 am)Deidre32 Wrote: Not annoying. It's a site for debate afterall. Big Grin

Did many bad examples from fellow "Christians" have a lot to do with abandoning Christianity?

I'm with ya. If God truly loves you why the fuck doesn't he speak up.

Well, all the religions will have us believing that he works through people to get his 'word' out. Um yea.

No, not other Christians. I bring up other Christians often, but only in the sense that they don't demonstrate the faith that they're trying to push on everyone else. I'm a believer in worry about your own issues, don't tell others how to live their lives when your is fucked up. lol

No, what caused me to leave the faith, was not being able to believe the Bible anymore. Genesis, then the rest of it followed suit. If that religion is false, then others are too. Evidence to support scientific theories that oppose the Bible, is what caused me to start looking at the Bible as a meaningless book of parables, designed to control people. Religions have been controlling people since long before a man supposedly named Jesus came on the scene. There were other reasons too that kept furthering me away from religion as well...but mainly...it was a logical process. Logic removed me from Christianity, my emotions kept me in it.

Because I know it's built on hearsay and at worst, outright lies...I would never go back. I will forever be an atheist now, unless there is genuine evidence to point to the supernatural's existence. :=)

And while it's been painful these past few years, I'm confident I've done the right thing for me. If you believe in a god...all I suggest is ask yourself why. Why do you believe, and why do you follow your faith. And do you honestly believe that the Bible is based on truth.

The answers might surprise you. But, it's a personal thing. You have to follow your own heart and mind.