Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's best to accept reality
It's best to accept reality
I used to be christian because i was always scared and depressed but in the end it was just more frustrating because then u begin to wonde why things still suck, and i tried to use christian cop outs liek free will and, it will get better, and god does care, but im 25 now and think about suicide everyday just like when i was 16.

so in the end i learned to accept reality, that for some people life is really great and for some people its a living hell....i looked up various suicide methods and unfortunately even suicide isn't as easy as you would think. People try to overdose and poison them selves but that is actually the LEAST effective method and can most times land u in hospital needing new kidneys and then possibly a civil commitment....

The best way to commit suicide statistically speaking is a shot gun to the head, however even that can be a living hell if you surivvie, i heard of a guy in my town who shot himself and lived, and its not a good story at all.

So i think u gotta decide whether life is bad enough now to where it is worth it to you to attempt a suicide knowing the risks, because IMO surviving a suicide would be worse than what i have now - so is the chance of freedom worth it? and what if after you survive you are in a condition where you can't attempt again?

So i decided even though i want to die everyday, i cant do it..but if u want to think about it here is a site that gives unbiased and realistic methods for suicides, statistics and outcomes:

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms

but since i cant do it, I've learned that acceptance is the best. Accept reality!

For me i accepted that this is my life and it sucks but just trynna to make teh best of it, i like to think that my heart beat is a timer and every beat is closer to death regardless, so it wont be living here for ever and after i die even though theres no heaven like i wanted, and even though none of my dreams will come true, at least all my pain will end so its a good thing.

Even my therapist told me that acceptance is a great thing because once u can accept u can move on and it doesn't bother u as much. and sooner or later we will all be dead so it doesnt matter so try not to feel sad about thigns because 200 years from now no one will even remember you unless you do something cool.
RE: It's best to accept reality
What are you going to do if I give you 100% foolproof and painless suicide method?
(March 23, 2014 at 1:58 pm)tor Wrote: What are you going to do if I give you 100% foolproof and painless suicide method?

lets hear it
I feel a strong need to help you, leodeo. But I don't know how. What is it that makes you feel like life is not worth living? Are you clinically depressed, and if so, are you on meds?

I'm available to talk anytime if you just need an ear, a sounding board. You can PM me anytime.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Do you like living or not?
Because if you do this suicide thing is irrelevant to this. If you don't like living then you don't really accept reality and vice versa.
(March 23, 2014 at 2:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I feel a strong need to help you, leodeo. But I don't know how. What is it that makes you feel like life is not worth living? Are you clinically depressed, and if so, are you on meds?

I'm available to talk anytime if you just need an ear, a sounding board. You can PM me anytime.

thanks i always like making new friends - i'm beyond help at this point, ive spend like the last 8 years in meds and therapy and hospitalizations even, thousands in debt from medical bills and i do try to be positive but not all stories have happy endings - if mental treatment was as simple as getting meds and therapy then it wouldn't be such a booming industry.

(March 23, 2014 at 2:02 pm)tor Wrote: Do you like living or not?
Because if you do this suicide thing is irrelevant to this. If you don't like living then you don't really accept reality and vice versa.

As for the methods you need to become my friend to get any sort of help from me Tongue

No I don't like living at all - before I thought I could grind through this life and go to heaven but now I realize theres no heavens and this is it, so that kinda makes me more depressed but its whatever, and I'm scarfed to suicide in case i survive and get committed, i tried to buy a gun last year and almost got civil commited because we live in a small town and the lady processsing my application for firearm new about me and called my case manager and it was a mess....so just trynna coast through under the radar :S

But i made this thread not to complain and ask for help, but to show people that religion doesn't really do anything to help and its best to accept reality and try to find a way to get through life as smoothly as possible. cus i get really irritated when people beleive in god and give him so much praise when things are going good, then when bad things happen they pull out the free will card to keep god blame free :/
We're all stuck with a certain brain chemistry that gives us a baseline happiness level. It just looks like you got a shitty chemistry mix. Find a better anti-depressant.

Life is grand.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Well religion probably helped Nick Vujicic. He is happy without legs and hands.
Although it's strange of him to think that his disability is part of gods plan to help other humans. Seems more like a prank.
As long as you aren't classing OK stuff and good stuff as bad... you're good. A depressive state of mind does that. If you didn't have a mind, you'd be good, because you just survive one moment to the next. Who knows what good and bad stuff befalls all of us. Shit happens. Get on with it.
(March 23, 2014 at 1:55 pm)leodeo Wrote: I used to be christian because i was always scared and depressed but in the end it was just more frustrating because then u begin to wonde why things still suck, and i tried to use christian cop outs liek free will and, it will get better, and god does care, but im 25 now and think about suicide everyday just like when i was 16.

so in the end i learned to accept reality, that for some people life is really great and for some people its a living hell....i looked up various suicide methods and unfortunately even suicide isn't as easy as you would think. People try to overdose and poison them selves but that is actually the LEAST effective method and can most times land u in hospital needing new kidneys and then possibly a civil commitment....

The best way to commit suicide statistically speaking is a shot gun to the head, however even that can be a living hell if you surivvie, i heard of a guy in my town who shot himself and lived, and its not a good story at all.

So i think u gotta decide whether life is bad enough now to where it is worth it to you to attempt a suicide knowing the risks, because IMO surviving a suicide would be worse than what i have now - so is the chance of freedom worth it? and what if after you survive you are in a condition where you can't attempt again?

So i decided even though i want to die everyday, i cant do it..but if u want to think about it here is a site that gives unbiased and realistic methods for suicides, statistics and outcomes:

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms

but since i cant do it, I've learned that acceptance is the best. Accept reality!

For me i accepted that this is my life and it sucks but just trynna to make teh best of it, i like to think that my heart beat is a timer and every beat is closer to death regardless, so it wont be living here for ever and after i die even though theres no heaven like i wanted, and even though none of my dreams will come true, at least all my pain will end so its a good thing.

Even my therapist told me that acceptance is a great thing because once u can accept u can move on and it doesn't bother u as much. and sooner or later we will all be dead so it doesnt matter so try not to feel sad about thigns because 200 years from now no one will even remember you unless you do something cool.

Every one of us is fighting some type of battle, on here. True story. It does take a lot of will to fight past those negative thoughts that creep up. Believing in reality will propel you to fixing things that you wish to/need to fix. To me, belief in a deity is a crutch that yes, totally provides some comfort here and there, but it doesn't remove the problems. In fact, it might cause a person to ignore the problem, and just pray about it, not doing anything to change their lives.

Your life is what YOU make of it. Maybe volunteer somewhere. I have found when we are helping others, however that may be, our problems don't disappear, but it helps us find a different perspective. Seeing others in need, can help you to not feel alone, also.

I hope you find a way to find some joy in your life. It can be tough sometimes, but stay the course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what believers accept without thinking Akat4891 17 6308 June 14, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 16663 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Islam in Europe: perception and reality Heat 219 30027 April 13, 2016 at 9:35 am
Last Post: abaris
  Is it time all religions accept evolution? Mystic 35 9645 August 11, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Reality of Churches (and their selfish agendas) The Reality Salesman01 42 8922 November 21, 2013 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Pedophilia; I can't accept it. Arellius 116 37473 June 13, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Arellius
  What would make me accept the existence of a deity? pocaracas 42 11862 January 27, 2013 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Graphic reality Rokcet Scientist 2 1003 December 28, 2011 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  atheist can't accept new ideas the6dead 22 6345 March 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist