Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can love exist without hate?
Can love exist without hate?
Could god design a world where love exists and hate does not and people are happy and nobody is getting tortured for 44 days and lit on fire at the end?
World with happiness and without suffering?
Does logic permit such a thing?
RE: Can love exist without hate?
(March 23, 2014 at 3:54 pm)tor Wrote: Could god design a world where love exists and hate does not and people are happy and nobody is getting tortured for 44 days and lit on fire at the end?

No god - No question.

/thread
[Image: Evolution.png]

Well there is a person who is saying that evil exists because god couldn't make a world where good exists and evil doesn't.
It's illogical he says.
So I wonder is it really logically impossible to create a world without evil in it?
He does believe in god and thinks the girl who was tortured for 44 days and lit on fire at the end will have a wonderful afterlife and justice will be served.
Which poses bunch of other questions like how can god create wonderful afterlife with no evil in it if he can't create a world without evil in it.
And if that's justice why didn't he prevent physically the torture of the girl in the first place? Where is justice in this?

I think he has no idea what he's talking about.
Strangely enough, I have heard this philosophical argument, and I do not know of any reasons why it is obviously false, flawed, illogical, etc. You might want to look it up and see how other people (particular philosophers, who know how logic and argumentation works because it is their job to know) respond to this argument, because I personally do not know how to respond to it at all.
(March 23, 2014 at 5:11 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Strangely enough, I have heard this philosophical argument, and I do not know of any reasons why it is obviously false, flawed, illogical, etc. You might want to look it up and see how other people (particular philosophers, who know how logic and argumentation works because it is their job to know) respond to this argument, because I personally do not know how to respond to it at all.

This argument kicks your ass?
(March 23, 2014 at 3:54 pm)tor Wrote: Could god design a world where love exists and hate does not and people are happy and nobody is getting tortured for 44 days and lit on fire at the end?

Can a meaningless phrase design anything?

The answer would seem to be no.
(March 23, 2014 at 5:17 pm)Chuck Wrote:

Can a meaningless phrase design anything?

The answer would seem to be no.

What are you talking about?
(March 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm)tor Wrote: This argument kicks your ass?
If by "kicks my ass" you mean totally confounds me to the point that I do not know what the hell to say in response to it, then yes.
(March 23, 2014 at 5:23 pm)futilethewinds Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm)tor Wrote: This argument kicks your ass?
If by "kicks my ass" you mean totally confounds me to the point that I do not know what the hell to say in response to it, then yes.

Damn so we have 3 atheists already who don't have a response to this argument. I already told this person that he is owning the atheist forum so far.

logic can explain almost anything but its not a virtue to truth.
as for love and hate are just emotions that we have developed due to the evolution of life on this planet. Could we get rid of it? perhaps, but that would be a rocky road to get to and might not be successful at all.

EDIT: However there are people like serial killers who are diagnosed with lack of certain emotions, so who knows! maybe one or all emotions will be whipped from earth one day!
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5605 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 405 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1031 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Morality without God Superjock 102 8895 June 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7298 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1557 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1980 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2626 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5775 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Atheists who announce "I'm good without god" Bahana 220 22372 October 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Belacqua