Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mum has finally bought the tickets for MTAC (middle Tennessee anime convention)! SQUEEEEE! IM SO HAPPY I COULD BURST!!!!!!
RE: SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
(March 23, 2014 at 8:38 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Mum has finally bought the tickets for MTAC (middle Tennessee anime convention)! SQUEEEEE! IM SO HAPPY I COULD BURST!!!!!!

I take it you're a fan?

Don't know where I got that impression from . . .

Wink Shades

Seriosuly, though: ENJOY!
Dying to live, living to die.
Are you this excited because this is your first anime convention or do you just always get this excited about anime conventions? Or is this like, the BIG anime convention and I don't know that because I'm not into anime enough to warrant going to a convention specifically about anime and don't even care to know anything about anime conventions?
(March 23, 2014 at 8:46 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Are you this excited because this is your first anime convention or do you just always get this excited about anime conventions? Or is this like, the BIG anime convention and I don't know that because I'm not into anime enough to warrant going to a convention specifically about anime and don't even care to know anything about anime conventions?
My first convention, it's close to my bday so mum says think of it as a present!

I am currently bouncing with glee I'm so excited!

I think I may have a nerdgasm! *faints*
(March 23, 2014 at 8:49 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: My first convention, it's close to my bday so mum says think of it as a present!

I am currently bouncing with glee I'm so excited!
Well now, I totally get it. Welcome to the geek experience of attending a convention for geeks.

You see, I was raised by geeks, so I'm pretty sure that my first convention was probably when I was in the womb or something.

But this year, I went to DragonCon, which the THE convention for every kind of geek. It was so unbelievably crowded and on that first day, we waited in line probably for hours trying to get in to get registered and get our badges. Even the people who were already PREREGISTERED for some damn reason had to wait in line for hours to get in. I dunno why, that's completely stupid, but WHATEVS. There were also lines pretty much everywhere, like even for escalators and stairs. Sometimes the crowd got so thick that it took a damn while for you to get from point A to point B.

But all of that was worth it. It was worth for the "Walk of Fame" alone. This is just a room filled with the actors from pretty much all the shows geeks care about, where you can get official autographs (which is fucking expensive) and in some cases photographs (which for me is far more valuable and significantly less expensive) with these celebrities, and if they are just REALLY cool people, and maybe slightly bored, they will just talk to you like you were any two people and they were not an important celebrity and you were not just a complete and total geek. Eliza Dushku was so cool, I think she knew I was gay and was actually kind of flirting with me, not because she had any actual interest in me, but because she knew it would make my LIFE.

I'm sorry because DragonCon is an inherently stressful experience and I have no idea how much worse that would be for someone who was blind. I want to tell you to make going to DragonCon at least once something to put on your bucket list, because it is just amazing.
Giggle my bestie just told me to avoid DragonCon like the plague, but why the hell not!
(March 23, 2014 at 9:34 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Giggle my bestie just told me to avoid DragonCon like the plague, but why the hell not!
I hope it will be at least as amazing for you as it was for me, then. Big Grin

Just a note, don't expect to get into any of the panels no matter how bad you want to because for some reason, getting into one requires some kind of magic I do not understand. Apparently, this is because it was my first time going to DragonCon, and if you go enough times, you suddenly understand the magic thing you have to do to get into one. Just try to appreciate whatever panels you by any miracle get into.
Fantastic news, I'm happy for you!! Smile
Cons are great fun, you'll have an awesome time. Just try not to go broke! Tongue

I swear, every time I went into a convention hall as a teen, I left six hundred dollars down, at least! Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Mum would never let me. Hell, I had to her to let me cosplay. She thinks the dirty otaku will rape me on my way to the potty