Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DESTROY NOAH'S ARK
DESTROY NOAH'S ARK
i'm constantly told by christians how noah's ark is somehow a true story. Please point out everything you know that's retarded about it. i know a bit.. but i want you intellectuals to simply destroy the shit out of this. remember that you'll be breaking christian hearts. Please.
I hate the bible. I love that do as thy whilst stuff.
RE: DESTROY NOAH'S ARK
Anyone who wants to debate the historicity of Noah's Ark is not worth the kJ of energy it takes to formulate a thought in order to tell them how stupid they are.

And then you tell them they owe you a kJ.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
"Noah's Ark 2: The Awkward Untold Story of Repopulation"
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
That's just overkill. Having an intellectual---hell, having anybody with decently functioning network of receptors in their brain--- ripping into the historicity of Noah's Ark is like bringing a rhinoceros to a ballerina competition. It's going to be bloody, brutal, messy, and short. Also, the ballerinas all die.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
Your thread title: Not a possible thing.

The reason why: Noah's ark never existed.

If Noah's ark never existed, it is not possible to destroy it. Tongue
It's been done.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

Quote:Problems with a Global Flood
Why aren't the various creatures from other parts of the world mentioned?

Only the animals that people in the Middle East would have known about or are mythical are mentioned.

Incest to repopulate the earth. Why aren't we all buck-toothed and playing banjos?
Dying to live, living to die.
Where to begin with all the problems?

How did the animals get to the ark, sometimes across the seas, leaving no trace of migration?

How did Noah and his family build a wooden boat that's far bigger than it's actually possible to build without it breaking apart in the water? The boat is at once too big and too small.

How did he fit so many animals in there, plus food and water, and keep them all alive in what must have been a very cramped space?

How did they keep from freezing or suffocating to death in high altitudes, which would need to be higher than Mount Everest?

How did any aquatic life survive the flood, and the mixing of salt and fresh water?

How did the animals get back home while leaving no trace?

What did anyone eat after everything on earth was destroyed? All the plants should be dead, and the only meat left would be one male and female of each animal, so what did the carnivores and herbivores eat?

What kept genetic defects from happening through inbreeding?

If it was all Yahweh keeping it from falling apart, why put so much effort into making the plan work? Not even getting into how horrific and immoral the idea of flooding the world is. If I made a nice car, but had to constantly maintain it to keep it from immediately falling apart, no one is going to care if it works or not. They'll just wonder what the point is.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

We all know that the story of Noah's flood in the Old Testament is a rehash of Mesopotamian flood stories (which the epic of Gilgamesh is an example). Given the terrain of Mesopotamia it is not surprising they would have stories of catastrophic floods.
undefined
(March 25, 2014 at 9:28 pm)Beccs Wrote: Why aren't we all buck-toothed and playing banjos?

Um...

[Image: siamese-rednecks-playing-banjo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aiders of the Lost Ark LinuxGal 1 748 November 26, 2022 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6665 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A question about the crew and passengers on the Ark. Gawdzilla Sama 68 6726 September 16, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Questions about noah ark king krish 210 47041 April 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 4927 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4431 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  A lesson well learned from Noah..... maestroanth 48 8618 April 11, 2016 at 3:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Best Noah's Ark Video Ever Shuffle 7 2658 September 16, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why Did Uzzah Die For Touching the Ark? Nope 167 36878 July 13, 2015 at 8:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The story of Noah (in the Bible) is so infuriating... ReptilianPeon 100 17005 April 28, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Iroscato