Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A public announcement
A public announcement
futilethewinds is now: My imaginary friend is GOD

/announcement

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Big Grin

#justincaseanyonefuckingcares
RE: A public announcement
Can I still call you FTW?
(March 27, 2014 at 12:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Can I still call you FTW?
Sure, why the hell not?

All users who do not know who futilethewinds was will have no fucking clue what you are saying, though.

LOL. DO IT! Big Grin Wink
WTF FTW? FTW was a cool name.

Each to their own.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
I'm just going to call you GOD from now on. It gives me a reason to capitalize it.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
max! hug* why? I just feel like I hadn't seen you in a while. heh
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
So now that it's gone, can you explain Futilethewinds? What did that mean? (for us newbs.)
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 27, 2014 at 12:36 pm)Ivy Wrote: max! hug* why? I just feel like I hadn't seen you in a while. heh
Decided "My imaginary friend is GOD" was a hioarious username because: GOD = everyone's imaginary friend. Big Grin

EDIT: WHOOPS! You were referring to a user named max. I thought you were giving me *max hugs* on the internet! ROFLOL
(March 27, 2014 at 12:37 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: So now that it's gone, can you explain Futilethewinds? What did that mean? (for us newbs.)

there's a new thread about that, steel.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(March 27, 2014 at 12:36 pm)Ivy Wrote: max! hug* why? I just feel like I hadn't seen you in a while. heh

I've been on a bit less recently - shit hitting fans all over the shop. Missed you too - you were never on when I was. Loved that video BTW.

Hugs!
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2247 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1806 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7597 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3032 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Announcement Clueless Morgan 37 6452 July 31, 2017 at 6:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2741 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Important Announcement! chimp3 3 749 September 22, 2016 at 1:49 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Banning Crosses from Public Schools Shining_Finger 30 3409 November 8, 2015 at 8:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public Catholic_Lady 184 25543 September 22, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Public Toilet Strategies Catholic_Lady 75 9854 July 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: rado84