Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving on God?
Improving on God?
"Designer' chromosome for brewer's yeast built from scratch"

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/...cerevisiae

"In a project that took seven years, the scientists streamlined the chromosome by removing non-essential genes and replacing them with fresh DNA to produce new strains of yeast."

So now we too can create life - or we will be able to shortly.

Game changer?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
RE: Improving on God?
How to improve on God: Hmmm...

Make God Regina Spektor and make Regina Spektor a lesbian who loves to lick pussy...

*Sigh* I really tried to make my usual kind of post on AF. Sad
(March 28, 2014 at 12:58 am)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote: How to improve on God: Hmmm...

Make God Regina Spektor and make Regina Spektor a lesbian who loves to lick pussy...

*Sigh* I really tried to make my usually kind of post on AF. Sad

You really are horny at the moment aren't you. I'm not sure I've ever been THAT horny.
max: YEP! You guessed it! How'd you know? Wink Big Grin
(March 28, 2014 at 1:07 am)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote: max: YEP! You guessed it! How'd you know? Wink Big Grin

I can be uncannily intuitive for a guy sometimes - reading between the lines of your subtle messages.

Wink Shades
If you want to know more about a lesbian being SO INCREDIBLY HORNY SHE IS INTO GUYS, go to Area 69! Big Grin Thread title you should look for is, "Me so horny..." Wink
(March 28, 2014 at 12:55 am)max-greece Wrote: So now we too can create life - or we will be able to shortly.

You think that creating some artificial chromosomes out of pre-existing strands of DNA is akin to the creation of life? ... Hehe Not even close.
Even if we can ''create'' life in a similar way, it doesn't mean we should. I'm not on the bandwagon of ''cloning,'' either.
Yeah, I think this is cool, but the hype doesn't match the result; this is not exactly "from scratch."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]