Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick Depression's Ass!
Kick Depression's Ass!
For those who have struggled with depression, what do you do to fight it? Has anyone here succeeded at making depression their bitch. It still has my ass! Sad
RE: Kick Depression's Ass!
Yes, I have with out medication, but there are always bad days you have to struggle with.

The best way to beat depression is to go outside, socialize, and exercise.
I'm trying a theory of mine that you can treat depression with opiates. It's not based in anything except the fact that I enjoy opiates and they make me not want to kill myself all the time lol. It's working so far. Three days (friday, saturday, and sunday) are spent leaning, or taking opiates; and the rest of the week I feel fine. I'm not advocating this therapy for anyone else though as opiates can be very addictive. Although sticking with this Chinese proverb about opiates I heard years ago (no more than three days of continual usage etc) has paid off for me. Depression sucks...a lot. If I wasn't so busy with my school work I'd probably have time to be more depressed Wink

meaning...stay busy Tongue
[Image: 1509277_363796590425193_1433975890_n.jpg]
Regular exercise can really help! The human body is quite efficient at combatting naturally a lot that ails it. This isn't to say that medication isn't necessary for those who are battling more chronic bouts of depression.

I don't have depression issues but if I'm stressed, I can get depressed. And exercise helps pretty well. But, sometimes you don't feel like doing much when you're feeling down or depressed, but if you push through it, exercising for a time, it can really benefit mood.
Meds, my social network and trying to enjoy all the small things in life is what I do to keep it at bay.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I was always wondering what is the difference between those who are depressed often and those who are never depressed.
I very rarely feel depressed anymore. Starting anti-psychotics actually curbed it significantly. The rest was stomped out by zoloft.
(March 28, 2014 at 11:04 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: For those who have struggled with depression, what do you do to fight it? Has anyone here succeeded at making depression their bitch. It still has my ass! Sad
Have you tried SAMe?
(March 28, 2014 at 11:16 am)Psykhronic Wrote: I very rarely feel depressed anymore. Starting anti-psychotics actually curbed it significantly. The rest was stomped out by zoloft.

Anti-psychotics can make a huge difference although it wasn't until I started Latuda that I really noticed a change in my depression. Risperidone and Geodon didn't have much effect on depression for me. Just out of curiosity if you feel like sharing what antipsychotic are you on?
[Image: 1509277_363796590425193_1433975890_n.jpg]
(March 28, 2014 at 11:20 am)alpha male Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 11:04 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: For those who have struggled with depression, what do you do to fight it? Has anyone here succeeded at making depression their bitch. It still has my ass! Sad
Have you tried SAMe?

SAMe?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 674 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1969 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1730 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Checking out the ass Foxaèr 25 3068 October 29, 2017 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Terrorism daily explodes from my ass Foxaèr 16 1653 October 11, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Another way of looking at depression robvalue 147 9802 August 19, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: robvalue
  To kill a mocking depression J a c k 74 5011 April 21, 2016 at 1:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  At what point do you wash you ass? brewer 146 24630 December 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Depression/Annnxiety from the Bullshit You Experience or are You Prone to it? Rhondazvous 43 4778 November 29, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Vsauce kicks ass! Edwardo Piet 5 1165 November 12, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Iroscato