Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remarrying the ex-spouse
remarrying the ex-spouse
I've noticed in some movies and shows that if someone has an ex wife or something, it's almost guaranteed that they're going to hook back up again. Like in the movie Tornado, This Means War, or the TV show Scrubs. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do I have it wrong? I don't know if this is some kind of cliche or not, but it seems kind of odd.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: remarrying the ex-spouse
Okay, nobody should ever remarry anybody EVER...

you got divorced for a REASON, remember?!

It was probably a good reason...
We have a saying here that roughly translates to "old salt makes you thirsty", meaning that you also fell in love with the person for a reason and those memories will never truly go away. But I agree with Mifig, exes are exes for a reason, and usually it's best to leave it be. I have, thank Loki, only a handful of exes, and I am actually on good terms with my first. Though, it took many years before we were comfortable around each other.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I dated my ex for a while 12 or so years after, but the reasons for the split became apparent rather quickly. Undecided

We continue to be friends.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I'm re-married to my ex-wife. We've never been happier nor more in love. We've already lasted longer than the first go-around. Life is sweetBig Grin
(March 28, 2014 at 4:12 pm)ShaMan Wrote: I'm re-married to my ex-wife. We've never been happier nor more in love. We've already lasted longer than the first go-around. Life is sweetBig Grin

Wow. What went wrong the first time around
(March 28, 2014 at 1:17 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: We have a saying here that roughly translates to "old salt makes you thirsty"...
Fair enough, but new salt makes you thirsty too... Big Grin
(March 28, 2014 at 5:13 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 1:17 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: We have a saying here that roughly translates to "old salt makes you thirsty"...
Fair enough, but new salt makes you thirsty too... Big Grin

and u can pound salt.. ha!!
That is why they invented the Margarita.
(March 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm)truthBtold Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 4:12 pm)ShaMan Wrote: I'm re-married to my ex-wife. We've never been happier nor more in love. We've already lasted longer than the first go-around. Life is sweetBig Grin

Wow. What went wrong the first time around
We mistook one another for the enemy rather than having allegiance as we do now.